HR Business Partner
• Accurately assess the needs of the Business areas from a Human Resources perspective, prioritise interventions and gain commitment for delivery
• Develop and maintain strong business partnering relationships with the senior management of the functions you will cover. Develop effective and trusted relationships with all of the staff within designated business areas.
• Keep up to date on business issues affecting the Company, assess the impact on the business areas you support and consider how best to apply or address them within those business areas in order to provide an efficient and proactive service to both internal and external customers
• Develop an understanding of the transversal functions in order to provide a commercial, pragmatic and sound HR Business Partnership.
• Work with the Talent acquisition team to manage the recruitment process for both internal and external hires, ensuring high quality and cost effective resourcing solutions.
• Work with the Talent development team in managing the assessment and development of staff by ensuring that the annual performance appraisal process is completed in a timely and fair manner, participate in the annual Talent Management and Succession planning process and ensure that the training needs of staff are assessed and appropriate activities are proposed.
• Co-ordinate the annual compensation review for designated employee population and review the proposals with your managers including using benchmark and salary surveys to advise business managers during the compensation process
• Develop strong understanding of the financial regulations which impact the variable remuneration requirements for “identified staff.”
• Take an active role in the annual job matching process with assistance from
Compensation & Benefits.
• Identify trends arising across your business area and feedback to the C&B team as appropriate
• Provide advice on all aspects of local employment law and procedure agreements, working closely with the Employee Relations team.
• Manage any disciplinary and performance issues in accordance with Company policy, liaising with the Employee relations team to ensure successful resolution of the issue.
• Take an active role in managing re-organisations and restructures, within allocated business areas in partnership with ER team and other HR teams where applicable having a very clear view of the legal obligations and constraints and the potential for TUPE regulations to apply in certain restructures.
• Manage the exits of employees ensuring the process is legally compliant and delivered in a professional and timely manner
• Produce and deliver written proposals, ad hoc research and formal presentations on HR related interventions when required
• Working with the ER team advise the managers you support of upcoming employment law changes and highlighting the impact on them and the adjustments they may be required to make if relevant.
• Support the UK ExCom HR Representative to address the queries of the UK ExCom and coordinate the required presentations.
• Participate in regular HR Team meetings and proactively contribute to proposed projects and initiatives and to take a role in their development and implementation.
Degree level qualification, ideally an HR qualification, CIPD or equivalent
Experience in similar HR Business Partner roles, ideally within similar organisations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; capacity to explain strategic decisions at various levels of the organisation
• Ability to negotiate with employees and managers / senior managers
• Ability to prepare and make presentations
• Client focused with excellent business, commercial and professional knowledge
• Proven track record to work both independently and as a team player
• Ability to work as part of a global team in an international environment
• Proven organisational skills with the ability to co-ordinate and prioritise a range of tasks, often under pressure
• Strong attention to detail as well as the ability to step back and see the big picture
• Ability to identify and anticipate issues, potential risks and to escalate them at the right time
• Experience of remuneration and appraisal systems and processes
• Good working knowledge of Employment Legislation in the relevant jurisdictions
• Skills in Microsoft Office (mainly Excel & Powerpoint)
• Experience of recruitment across all levels.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
Other professional competencies:
• Service Delivery
• Internal Consultancy
• Data Management
• External Supplier Management
• Regulatory Awareness