- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 17 Nov 17
HR Analyst, Macquarie Asset Management, London
We're looking for a HR Analyst to join our Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) business-aligned HR team in London. This is a career opportunity that will see you have exposure to senior HR and investment professionals across the business, and a diverse range
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a HR Analyst to join our Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) business-aligned HR team in London. This is a career opportunity that will see you have exposure to senior HR and investment professionals across the business, and a diverse range of commercial situations and industry sectors within a global alternatives asset management business.
You will report jointly to the Global HR Director, MAM (London based) and Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA) HR Operating Partner (Sydney based). The balance of your activities will be split broadly 50/50 and will include directly supporting the MAM HR Director across a broad range of global HR initiatives, relating to all three asset management divisions (Macquarie Investment Management,, MIRA, Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions) and directly supporting the HR Operating Partner in optimising and running the asset management HR function and ensuring the effective implementation of human-capital toolkits and advisory services across the global portfolio of MIRA assets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Production of insightful analysis and presentations covering HR strategy and initiatives at all stages of the employee life-cycle
- Preparation of content for senior management-level meetings
- Research into external HR practices, competitor analysis, market trends with a view to feeding this into developing best practice toolkits to support HR initiatives
- Assisting with developing, revising and implementing HR programs and toolkits
- Organisation, audit and maintenance of materials and content libraries covering HR toolkits
You will be a team player with the ability to multi-task and will have:
- Working experience / knowledge of human-capital practices, and the functioning of a global HR operation
- Strong analytical skills and a confidence in drawing insights and conclusions from large data sets
- Financial acumen, with a working knowledge of finance principals within a corporate environment (ideally the processes of mergers, acquisitions and divestments of companies), numerate
- Relevant expertise and/or professional qualifications. A degree with a Human Resource Management or degree in a business or economics with a HRM component or CIPD qualification,
- Knowledge and experience ideally covering leadership and selection concepts, remuneration/ incentive design and HR policy
- Highly conversant with MS Office suite
- Strong consulting and problem-solving skills, and effective written and verbal communication
- High degree of professionalism, and proven ability to handle confidential and commercially sensitive information
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) enables the entrepreneurial enterprise that is the Macquarie Group. Within the dynamic, rapidly changing Macquarie Group, COG provides specialist professional services, human resources, Workplace infrastructure and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions which comprises of Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services including Sourcing and Vendor Management, Human Resources, Market Operations and Technology.
The Human Resources Division supports Macquarie's businesses by seeking to attract, recruit, reward and retain the best people. The division provides a range of global consulting and operational expertise across the organisation that is aligned with business strategy.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.