HR Advisor Systems Projects - 12 month FTC
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an established HR Advisor to join our HR Systems Projects team supporting the Head of HR System Projects. You'll be someone who loves MI and working on systems to provide reports, updates, whilst being responsible for the quality management.
We're looking for someone who really likes to get stuck in, getting involved with the intricate data and producing user friendly report. You'll be focused on the numbers, data and MI whilst being great at testing newly designed and created reports to ensure they are delivering on their objectives.
You will ensure that high standards are adopted within all elements of HR Systems, by being an initial point of contact for managers and employees within the dedicated client base, developing key stakeholder relationships. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. What you'll do
• Maintain and develop core HR IT systems, specifically contributing to the
• development of and subsequent maintenance of HR hierarchies (e.g. cost centres, departments, divisions)
• Contribute to HR Management System projects (e.g. selecting, testing, implementing and maintaining software).
• Progress systems activity within defined configurations (e.g. HR Delivery Model, Configuration, Core System Configuration) recommending changes where appropriate.
• Develop and maintain Document Management and Workflow solutions.
• Own, contribute to, develop and maintain the systems
• Support others using systems by updated and developing training and user guides Management Information
• Support reporting and measurement activity across the whole range of HR activity.
• Advise HR colleagues and progress with them reporting and measurements in line with the HR Performance Model e.g. Dashboard Reporting.
• Work closely with developers to enhance MIS to continuously improve Management Information.
• Respond to ad hoc reporting requirements positively and with due regard to time to ensure delivery, taking advice where appropriate.
• Take responsibility for ensuring monthly reports are provided as per agreed timelines. Other Objectives
• Always maintain confidentiality of data and security in line with GDPR
• Ensure compliance to all policies, procedures, standard operating procedures and safe working practices, with recommendations for action and continuous improvement
• Working with systems the job holder will need to analyse options to decide on the best solution considering effort, time, and output. You'll be expected to thoroughly test solutions to ensure integrity, and then work with users to implement the solutions
• The job holder is also required to continually look for new ways to improve processes and services with HR colleagues
• The role will participate in the evaluation of new system functionality and selection of the most suitable solution The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of raising and delivering process and service improvements.
• Experience and knowledge of working to processes and in line with process methodology.
• Advanced experience working with systems (in particular Oracle eBS and HCM Cloud) - e.g. reporting, configuration management, supporting others with queries, testing existing functionality after upgrades, testing and implementing new functionality.
• Strong IT skills, particularly manipulating data using Excel.
• Ability to demonstrate good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• HRMI/IT project experience desirable - e.g. testing, configuration
• Intermediate level of skill using Discoverer, Business Objects or similar report writer The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Knowledge of HR useful, but not essential
• Asset management experience would be helpful
• HR experience desirable What you'll be like
• Professional and able to stay focused in a challenging environment.
• Excellent communications skills
• Comfortable with presenting and training other members within Schroders.
• Strong client service ethic - demonstrates a willing, flexible and efficient approach to client's needs/ requirements.
• Eager to develop 'SMART' ways of working
• Work well to deadlines, balancing projects and BAU requirements
• Able to work on own initiative, prioritising your own workload effectively We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.