- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
HR Advisor - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
HR Advisor - 6 Month Fixed Term ContractWhat does an HR Advisor do?
The Human Resources Advisor proactively supports the operation of the business by providing an effective and professional HR service covering the full generalist remit across a dedicated client base. The role is advisory and coaching-focused, and will involve a close working relationship with the client base including:
• change management and organisational development;
• employment law;
• employee relations (whole life cycle);
• employee training and organisation development;
• management reporting and analysis, for example attendance, turnover, diversity, senior hires, •
• performance management -recruitment, identification and implementation of hiring plans;
• learning and development;
• reward and recognition, McLagan, market intelligence, contextual information, and
• talent management and succession planning.
The HR Advisor helps to provide a key HR service to the business as a whole ensuring that high standards are adopted within all elements of HR.
Reporting to: HR Business Partner
Key Responsibilities of an HR Advisor:
Client Relationship Management
• Develops strong relationships across the client base and is able to interact at all levels within the organisation;
• Takes primary responsibility for discrete client groups within the business;
• Works in partnership with line managers on performance management, employee relations, resourcing and employee management/development;
• Manages relationships, promptly responds to queries and manages expectations;
• Helps to drive organisational performance by understanding core business objectives and providing proactive HR support;
• Leads organisation design changes, and has the ability to articulate the value, steps, risks and expected results of the changes, and;
• Participates in acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture and TUPE initiatives. Ability to Defines HR action plans based on business requirements.
Resourcing & Development
• Works with the business to identify hiring needs and implement hiring plans to time, quality and cost standards;
• Develops strong relationships with the resourcing team and compensation specialists in order to deliver a joined up service to the business;
• Supports and develops recruitment campaigns;
• Manages the annual graduate recruitment and intern programmes in partnership with the graduate recruitment specialist;
• Supports business management programmes (including delivery of specific programme modules);
• Input into the talent and succession planning process, and;
• Coaches employees and line managers in best practice when setting objectives and conducting appraisals including the creation of personal development plans.
• Coaches line managers, driving through change and effective delivery of the people agenda;
• Provides HR support for business changes e.g. restructuring activity, cost reduction, redundancy and redeployment processes and organisational design change;
• Manages grievance, disciplinary and capability investigations and hearings, understanding the associated risks and providing credible options for resolution of disputes, taking the company's risk profile into account;
• Performs work independently Managing Flexible Working Requests, providing credible options to Line Mangers and Employees;
• Works closely with the HR Assistant and HR colleagues across the business to monitor, review and update all policies and procedures in line with current legislation and best practice;
• Ensures Human Resources matters are handled fairly and consistently within scope of established legislation, guidelines and practices;
• Takes ownership for keeping employment law knowledge up to date, including best practice and trends across the industry;
• Conducts thorough exit interviews and follow up with any appropriate actions as required; and;
• Partners with compliance to ensure all regulatory matters are effectively managed.
• Supports the HR Business Partners and client groups in the Year End Compensation review in line with the Company approach;
• Manages the annual McLagan matching activity;
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements;
• Maintains, reports and analyses management information on a regular basis;
• Develops an understanding of current FCA requirements and regulatory issues;
• Manages ad hoc compensation queries, such as out of cycle salary increases and can challenge the business when appropriate, and;
• Works closely with the HR Business Partner and compensation specialist to prepare employees for international assignments, including identifying opportunities to promote global mobility where appropriate.
• Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messages to different audiences
• Strong analytical skills and the proven ability to develop commercially focused solutions
• Strong influencing skills, and the ability to adapt style to different audiences
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and HR information systems
• Excellent understanding of English Employment Law and evidence of practical application
• CIPD qualified
• Has gravitas and is able to build credibility easily
• Resilient, approachable and confident
• Leads by example.
• High personal integrity.
• Creates a climate of trust, openness and respect and is able to relate well to others.
• Confident and persuasive team player
• Results focused, defines key success criteria, encourages discretion, monitors progress
• Self motivated and driven.