Group Treasury Funding, Senior Manager
Group Treasury is a division of the Financial Management Group and is responsible for the management of the funding, liquidity and capital position of the Macquarie Group.
Join Group Treasury's funding team in London as a Senior Manager. This is a great opportunity to be exposed to the inner-workings of an international group and work in a non-hierarchical, merit-based environment.
You will be part of a team that plays a broad role in ensuring that Macquarie's entities in the EMEA remain well funded and adequately meet their liquidity requirements.
In this role you will be required to:
- assist in the preparation of liquidity reporting and modelling
- enhance Macquarie's liquidity policies and assist in the preparation of regulatory documents such as ILAAPs
- help to implement regulatory change across our businesses and work with our businesses to assess the liquidity impacts of their transactions
- analyse and support the execution of funding strategies
- develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders within the region.
This is a challenging and dynamic role that will suit someone with a strong understanding of liquidity and who has had exposure to other areas of Treasury such as funds transfer pricing or funding execution.
You will have had experience in leading projects, managing to tight timeframes, and delivering high quality outcomes. In this role you will work closely with other teams within Macquarie and will be required to present your work to senior management and committees.
If you have strong analytical skills, enjoy problem solving and can interpret and communicate complex information to a wide range of stakeholders then this is the role for you.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with at least 6 - 8 years of experience within banking and finance
- experience of liquidity risk or balance sheet management and an understanding of liquidity, funding and other treasury matters
- have an ability to think critically and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- be able to present compelling and persuasive arguments to senior stakeholders including the ability to interpret and succinctly explain complex data
- have strong numerical skills, in order to analyse and critically assess financial information
- have advanced software skills (Microsoft Office) - experience with database querying or visualisation tools will also be an advantage
- be an organised, highly motivated and flexible team player, willing to collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders including with global Group Treasury colleagues
- be able to manage tight deadlines and manage projects with multiple stakeholders and dependencies.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.