Group Treasury Capital Manager
We have an opportunity for a Manager with your experience to assist with our UK and European operations. The primary focus is expected to be supporting Group Treasury's EMEA Management Team with a focus on the capital management of Macquarie's UK and European regulated entities and on the production of Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and capital management framework documents.
As part of a small, specialised team in EMEA, the role provides the opportunity for you to gain broad exposure to the activities of Macquarie divisions operating in the region and to build close relationships with these businesses and other support functions.
Your key responsibilities will include the production and coordination of the ICAAP documentation including project planning and managing stakeholders across a wide variety of teams within Macquarie. You will also be responsible for supporting in the capital management of Macquarie's EMEA regulated entities, with a focus on:
- Macquarie's European credit institution
- maintenance of capital management framework documentation
- monitoring prudential rules, impact analysis and implementation of regulatory change and other regulatory change initiatives
- monitoring and oversight of capital adequacy of regulated entities, including committee and Board reporting
- review business proposals in the region to help identify and address the impact on capital requirements for local entities and liaise within the team and other support functions to ensure these are considered for regulatory reporting and capital management purposes.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. You will also have a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics/mathematics or related discipline; have 4+ years' experience within treasury, prudential risk, or regulatory disciplines producing ICAAPs; have a strong level understanding of capital adequacy regulations particularly EU prudential regimes including CRD / CRR, and the Pillar 2 / ICAAP framework; and the ability to assess and interpret regulatory policy, and communicate impacts to Macquarie businesses, senior management and committees.
You will understand, analyse and assess impacts of upcoming changes to regulatory regimes related to capital management as well as partake in regulatory change programs. You will have the ability to think critically and have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
You will also:
- have strong numeric skills, in order to monitor and critically assess financial information
- be an organised, highly motivated and flexible team player, willing to collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders including with global Group Treasury colleagues
- be able to manage tight deadlines and manage projects / stakeholders with multiple dependencies
- given Macquarie's regulatory footprint in EMEA, you will also be willing to work on a variety of regulated entities in EMEA, including the UK, working to understand local rules and regulatory topics related to investment firms.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, then please apply now. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.