Group Tax Manager
- Sep 14, 2021
- £105k - £110k
Morgan McKinley, Northern Home Counties have been exclusively retained by a global organisation to find a Group Tax Manager.
Morgan McKinley, Northern Home Counties have been exclusively retained by a global organisation to find a Group Tax Manager. A privately-owned business, my client is going through an exciting period of change which has led to this new position being created.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller of this newly created Group Finance function, this is an exceptional opportunity to set up Group Tax from the ground up, reviewing working practices and enhancing them up to listed company standards across all taxes and jurisdictions. You will also lead day-to-day tax activity for the Group head office entities. It is an ideal role for someone with a broad background in corporate tax who, 5+ years post qualification, is looking for a role where they can own the tax function and have real business impact. Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
Ideal candidate experience:
- Support the development of the tax strategy and implementation of governance structures across all taxes
- Technical advisor to the business on all tax matters, for example with respect to acquisitions and new sources of income
- Work with multiple stakeholders, including external advisers, the property team, operational teams and transactional finance to identify tax risks and opportunities and implement process improvements
- Monitor and assess the impact of any legislative changes
- Production of corporate tax returns and quarterly payments on account for Group head office
- Oversight of the VAT process for head office, including supporting the production of VAT returns
- Support routine and ad hoc financial reporting, including preparation of the tax provision for statutory reporting, budgets and forecasts.
- Analyse, optimise and prepare tax claims and elections such as capital allowances and research and development reliefs
- Management of transfer pricing across the group
- Provide technical advice to the head office payroll team in relation to employment taxes and associated submissions and returns
- Tax planning and optimisation
- Tax support for ad hoc projects
- Point of contact for the wider business and external advisors on tax matters
- Support the Group Financial Controller on ad hoc matters as required
Salary & Benefits
- Strong corporate tax experience and some experience of at least one other tax
- Experience of working as an in-house tax specialist
- Good knowledge of accounting for tax under IFRS
The role of Group Tax Manager is offering a market leading package, dependant on the experience of the successful candidate.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.