The TASC Infrastructure Group specialise in acquiring and managing rental income from telecommunication sites, Towers, and infrastructure in Europe. The group was formed in 2017 and now operates in the UK, Italy, Poland, & Spain. Following a private equity fund backed re-financing in December 2021 TASC has ambitious plan to grow its operations and to expand further in Europe. TASC Infrastructure Property Limited, a Jersey based company, is the parent company of the TASC Infrastructure Group. It contracts with TASC Infrastructure Europe Limited, UK company, to provide management services and advisory activities.
TASC has to date outsourced it accounting and reporting functions to accounting firms in the UK and Europe. To support its growth plan TASC is now setting up its own group finance function in the UK to develop its financial control framework and financial and management reporting. The Financial Controller (FC) will work with the CFO to create the finance function, develop the financial framework and, after a transition period, to in-house the reporting activities undertaken by the accounting firm. The finance activity for European subsidiaries will continue to be outsourced and the FC will work with the providers to ensure group reporting is delivered.
The role is wide ranging covering all aspects of the finance function and an exciting opportunity to for a recently qualified accountant to develop their skills and experience working with an experienced CFO and accountancy firms.
Prior to the refinancing the group has qualified as a small group and has not prepared audited group financial statements. The group will be required to prepare audited group statement for the year end 31 December 2022. The FC will work with the CFO and accountants to set up the reporting and audit process.
Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Hours and Location:
Full time. Currently home based with flexible working. Must be able to easily attend meetings in London. As the group grows an office will be set up in Central/west London. From 2023 the role will require flexible working with at least 3 days a week in the office.
The FC will manage the TASC group accounting function, maintaining accounting transaction recording, financial controls, group reporting, and financial statements for UK Entities in the group.
- Work with CFO to create an internal finance function and work with external accountants to transition processes from outsourced providers. This will include documenting processes, improving, and automating MI processes so that a smooth transition can occur.
- Mange accounting processes on the current Xero accounting system.
- Develop and maintain financial controls for the group, including bank reconciliation and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work with the asset management team to improve transaction processes.
- Preparation and explanation of monthly consolidated group management information.
- Manage VAT reporting for UK entities.
- Liaise with European accounting firms to provide group reporting packs for financial reporting
- Mange the group consolidated financial reporting and work with auditors.
- Assist in longer term selection and introduction of integrated accounting systems.
- Provide information to outsourced accountants for the preparation of tax returns.
- Such other activities as are required to support a group financial function.
A successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the combination of a quick to learn, flexible and detailed hands-on approach and the imagination to set -up and adapt ways of working that is essential in a rapidly growing small group.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- 2-5 years post qualifying experience.
- Ability to set up financial ledgers and create effective processes.
- Experience of reporting in a multi-entity environment.
- Experience of auditing or preparing UK GAAP Financial statement.
- Good Excel skills.
- Adaptable, agile, and able to flex to meet requirement, who is a problem solver, positive and has a can-do approach.
- Ability to develop relationships in a remote working environment.
- Experience of multi-currency group financial reporting.
- Knowledge of VAT reporting.
- Experience of systems selection and implementations.