We're acting on behalf of an established, global asset management firm to appoint a Group Finance Director. It is a highly successful organisation with an outstanding investment record that has scaled significantly in recent years. We're seeking an experienced finance professional, from either investment management or Financial Services who will be able to lead and develop a high-performance Group Finance team. It is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious accountant to further their career.
The role will be highly visible within the organisation, providing key support to the Group COO/CFO. Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead a high-performing Group Finance function and provide excellent leadership and direction to the team, setting achievable but challenging objectives and monitoring progress.
- Own a first-class governance and control environment capable of responding to the requirements of a growing business.
- Implement and continually develop and improve a suite of robust, auditable processes and controls relevant to key business risks.
- Deliver timely, reliable and commercially focused management information to inform and shape the strategic direction of the business.
- Continually monitor business progress against budget, understanding rationale for any variance, and using this to maintain tight cost control.
- Understand and support the group capital structure and have oversight of debt compliance.
- Consider existing processes and functional challenges and make recommendations for solutions and improvements.
- Deputising for the CFO when required, including at Board level.
The appointee will be a qualified accountant working as a Finance Director or Financial Controller within Investment Management in London. We would also consider candidates coming from the wider Financial Services sector with directly relevant Group Finance experience.