About IHS Towers
Founded in 2001 by the trio of Sam Darwish, William Saad and Mohamad Darwish, along with a strong team of telecoms engineers, IHS is one of the largest independent tower operators in Africa and the fourth largest independent multinational tower operator globally.
Reporting to Director – Group FP&A, this individual will be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and support all Business Plan related activities and processes including Group planning and forecasting activities | board presentations and internal management reporting | developing business rhythms and cycles to monitor performance whilst delivering informed analysis to support strategic decision making.
- Focus on the Group Business Plan (BP) and financial modelling activities
- Assist with core FP&A processes around reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Work closely with the country teams and Group teams to source information, validate assumptions, ensure alignment and improve quality and timeliness of BP outputs
- Analyse financial performance against budget | forecast, highlighting trends, investigate variances and recommend corrective actions
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly board presentations
- Build appropriate automated models, KPI and dashboards to analyse trends | monitor performance
- Implement and develop BI tools and relevant financial models to improve analysis and decision making
- Continuous improvement to simplify, standardise and streamline processes related to FP&A
- Support as required the FP&A team with ad-hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Prior experience in financial planning | modelling across corporates | investment banking | private equity | consulting
- Extensive years of relevant experience post university
- Ability to develop financial models from first principles
- Highly numerate with excellent analytical and Excel skills | competent to handle and manipulate large volume of data
- Superior PowerPoint skills, especially to support presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of business drivers (revenue, costs, profitability, capex and returns measures)
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task between various ongoing responsibilities
- Ability to build relationships across all levels | functions and work independently with minimal supervision when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a flair for delivering crisp, succinct information to senior management
- A change agent, tolerant of ambiguity, comfortable to operate in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience of capital intensive or infrastructure-like business desirable.
For more information visit us on www.ihstowers.com.