We are recruiting for a Group Consolidation Manager on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract for our client, a successful global financial services PLC. Due to the finance function undertaking a major systems implementation and migration, their Group Finance function is looking to add extra resource. The ideal candidate will be ACA (CPA/CA) qualified with training from a Big 4 (or top 10) accountancy practice with solid post-qualification experience with multi-currency consolidations and Plc group accounts experience being essential. Candidates must also either be either immediately available or on a short notice (to be able to start by 1st December 2020)
- ACA/CPA/CA qualified with training from a Big 4 (or top 10) chartered accountancy practice
- Strong understanding of and experience reporting under IFRS
- Strong post-qualification experience with multi-currency consolidations and Plc group accounts is essential
- Solid technical accounting skills and know-how
- Financial services experience (ideal but not essential)
- Confident communicator with excellent senior-level stakeholder management experience
- Able to start by 1st December 2020
- HFM / Hyperion Planning / Oracle systems experience is ideal
The role is a one-year fixed term contract to provide cover for the Group Finance Financial reporting team while they focus on the replacement of the Group’s Enterprise Resource Planning tool over the coming year. The role will involve working closely with colleagues in Group Finance and wider Finance function. Key deliverables include the monthly consolidation, as well as support of the annual and half year audit of the Group.
- Ownership of the Group’s multi-currency consolidation process for both internal management and statutory purposes.
- Liaison with regional reporting entities to ensure a timely and accurate close.
- Preparation of the Group’s consolidated accounts and associated analysis, including review of regional input data, in accordance with IFRS.
- Preparation of the Parent Company’s statutory accounts and associated analysis in accordance with UK Financial Reporting Standards at year-end.
- Working with the Group Financial Planning Analyst to prepare quality consolidated reports for the senior management team.
- Review of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations to ensure integrity and appropriate understanding / analysis of business unit submissions and overall consolidated results.
- Preparation of monthly Group Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Liaising with other Group functions (Tax, Legal, Company Secretarial, Treasury and Compliance) and Regional Finance teams to ensure that supporting analysis for the annual report is prepared and delivered to fulfil the Group’s reporting requirements.
- Liaison with the external audit teams.
- Supporting the annual budgeting and planning processes.
- Developing and implementing best practice processes.
- Preparation of the bi-annual aggregated and consolidated own funds calculations for June and December for submission to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Preparation of the Group’s foreign direct investment return on a quarterly basis for submission to the Office of National Statistics.
- Supporting the wider team's delivery requirements including ad hoc project work as required.