An exciting opportunity to join our clients finance team within a growing IT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Group Accounting Manager. This role will be highly visable within the company and work alongside the Senior management team as well as the board. The position will be consolidating 57 entities from 23 coutries.
- Review (and enhance, where required) the monthly group timetable and ensure that timetable is sent out to regions 5 days prior to month-end closing
- Follow up on each of the items on the month-end timetable
- Ensure that the monthly closing process is followed by regional finance teams and take charge of the following processes:
- Ensure all entities have uploaded monthly financial packs on Consolidation tool, presently Hyperion (to be updated to One-stream).
- Follow-up on global SAP to Hyperion mapping and reconciliation for each of the legal entity
- Review, accumulation and tracking of 'exceptional items' reported across group
- Review and follow-up of inter-company balances reconciliation. Work along the Hyperion specialist to ensure that the I/co reports are sent out on time (According to the monthly time-table)
- Ensuring the inter-company balances and corporate recharges are netting out after consolidation
- Work with Hyperion Consultant on review of monthly consolidation once all regions have uploaded financial packs
- Gate-keeper of Hyperion and SAP Access and maintain a log of all staff with access right and ensure there is appropriate segregation of duties.
- Work with Hyperion specialist on consolidation related issues and manage a log of open issues and monthly adjustment.
- Provide support on implementation of One-stream implementation (a tool to replace Hyperion) project
- Support European entities in audit readiness and preparing on the audit schedules (where required)
- Independently review or support to regional teams where requested. Also manage accounting for small European entities as requested by Global Head of Controlling - Romania, Italy, others.
- Provide support to other group Accounting Managers and able to work on adhoc projects as requested
- Documentation of group processes and support group senior managers in documenting group accounting policies and adherence
- Good understanding of IRFS framework and someone who can advise regional controllers on accounting issues
The ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, etc)
- Prior experience is a must in a relevant accounting position
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with experience of matrix organisations as an advantage
- The ability and motivation to solve unique and complex problems and pursue and achieve effective results
- The ability to work independently and manage a range of stakeholders if and when needed
- The ability to make timely decisions by sourcing and analysing critical information
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Methodical approach in handling multiple responsibilities and a good Team player
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.