Group-Wide Stress Testing Analytics (VP/DIR)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
This outstanding and challenging role is part of the Scenario Execution and Analytics Team within Enterprise Strategic Risk Department within Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Division. Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Involve in internal Credit Suisse and regulatory stress testing to assess the Bank's resilience against capital adequacy and earning volatility. BAU stress testing is a well-established process that assesses divisional and firm-wide stress impact.
- Coordinate with functional areas (e.g. market risk, credit risk) within CRO and CFO (e.g. divisional CFO, FP&A) to fully understand portfolio and methodology drivers. Explain loss drivers in simple and succinct manner to business partners.
- Review and challenge existing methodologies and results. Ensure comprehensive coverage and considerations are in place across all risk classes. Initiate and provide solutions for developing stress testing framework.
- Provide streamlined stress testing solutions to existing processes. Demonstrate ability to initiate best in class stress testing strategy and ad-hoc analysis framework can be further enhanced.
- Perform high quality insightful analysis to assess scenario impacts and drivers at enterprise spectrum. Present key findings with impactful analysis to senior management and business partners both inside and outside the Bank.
- Initiate and implement management actions associated with stress testing results to make sure 'so what' questions are adequately addressed.
- Develop stress testing result trend and utilization analysis to support timely divisional, legal entity and Group risk appetite process, ensuring strategic risk objectives are met.
- Coordinate with a wide range of internal partners within the Bank including CRO, CFO, COO and FO. Collaborate with internal partners to ensure respective deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Present and lead discussion and dialogues with regulators including FINMA to ensure robust stress testing framework in place, contributing a sound regulator-bank relationship.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards. You Offer
- Extensive work experience in Finance divisions within financial institution with strong investment banking and/or private banking product knowledge.
- A degree-level education (or equivalent) in a numerate field. Professional or post-graduate qualifications including CA/ACA/CFA/MBA would be essential
- Experience in end-to-end stress testing execution process, and/or annual financial planning/budgeting process. Good understanding of bank’s performance measure including capital ratios, P&L and liquidity.
- Detailed understanding of broad risk measurement frameworks, including Market Risk (e.g. VaR), Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Business Risk. Excellent understanding of capital framework and liquidity metrics.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English. Ability to present result in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work under stress and fast paced environment to meet tight deadline, with strong control approach.
- Hardworking individual with ability to perform work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent partner management skills to work collaboratively with varied business partners across different geographic locations.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success