Graduate Programme - Digital
- £45,000 + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Apr 19
Coremont provides integrated front, middle and back office services to investment managers and financial institutions. The business was spun out from Brevan Howard Asset Management in 2018 and is now servicing several new clients, in addition to Brevan Howard funds.
Graduate Programme - Digital
Brevan Howard was founded in 2002, and launched its flagship global macro strategy in April 2003. It is one of the world's leading absolute return managers, with strategies across rates, FX, equities, credit and commodities.
Coremont is a growing firm with well over 100 personnel in London and Hong Kong. It is led by a team of highly experienced professionals across multiple disciplines with a platform that is considered an industry leader in trading analytics, risk management and operational robustness.
Technology forms the backbone of the firm with over half of the staff working in the Technology team. In providing a full service to financial institutions we correspondingly require a full technology stack. Our client offering is browser-based and driven by a significant AWS deployment. It leverages the firm’s renowned quantitative analytics library, the new application suite is cloud-based using leading technologies. The overarching direction of the firm is to provide global fund management capabilities to clients via our scalable SaaS application suite.
Our graduate induction represents an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with institutional backing and a proven track record in delivering a suite of financial services to a market-leading standard.
Successful applicants will take part in an accelerated induction process intended to provide an understanding of the structure of the firm and the technologies involved. They will migrate to meaningful work whilst developing their knowledge and career in a dynamic, challenging and supportive environment.
Graduates joining the firm will rotate through the different teams in Technology. Talks and presentations from areas across the business, including portfolio managers, are part of the programme and graduates will also be expected to present on certain topics from time to time.
Candidates will be interviewed by a series of people including the Team Leads, developers, and the CTO. The interview process will focus on problem-solving and the ability to develop software within a fast moving sector. The hiring process is not prolonged and decisions are made quickly, with a view to have candidates join us as soon as possible.
Graduates are expected to be highly self-motivated and take initiative in gaining a full understanding of a finance firm and its front-to-back processes, not be afraid to roll up their sleeves, build relationships with key people in the organisation and make a strong impression for further career opportunities within the firm. In addition candidates should:
- Show demonstrable interest in pursuing a career in finance, (for example: good knowledge of financial markets/products either by internships/work experience or by self-study).
- Have a strong aptitude for software development in at least one of C#, Java or C++.
- Be enthusiastic with regard to technology, software development and with a demonstrable record of extra-curricular study in some aspect of technology.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable. We prefer those candidates with a strong undergraduate or postgraduate degree that have real world problem solving capabilities, a proactive nature and the confidence and maturity to deal with a front office environment.
- Candidates will be graduating this year or will have graduated within the last 2 years.
Skills and knowledge
- Minimum 2:1 or postgraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Maths, etc.;
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Organised, with a keen attention to detail and ability to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Keen interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team and build and maintain cross functional relationships.