Graduate Programme – Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
This City based, leading, independent investment manager currently have an opportunity for a Graduate to join their Investment Support Team. This role is suited to a 2016/2017 Graduate who is eager to build their career specifically within this field. Successful candidates will have achieved a 2:1 from a leading university and ideally have relevant professional qualifications, together with some internship or industry placement experience. A keen interest in working within asset management is highly desirable.
Role & Responsibilities:
Investment Administration and Fund Accounting
- Ownership of a suite of investment portfolios and funds with exposure to global and emerging market equities and fixed income;
- Performing daily investment administration and fund accounting, key controls such as reconciliations, portfolio reporting and investment management fees, both for clients and custodian banks.
- This role touches on many other departments such as Investment Support Services, Finance and Client Services.
- Exposure to a number of key trade functions such as security and foreign exchange trade settlement and market control, security and portfolio data and corporate events.
- This area interacts regularly with the trading desk, portfolio managers, brokers and custodians.
- Early exposure to all aspects of finance within asset management; including accounts payable, management fees, general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
- This role touches on many other departments such as Investment Administration, Legal and Technology.
Candidates are actively encouraged to study towards the IMC, CIMA, ACCA or CFA qualifications.
Background & Experience
- ESSENTIAL: 2-1 degrees in any subject are acceptable, assuming candidates are highly numerate
- A’ levels: to include Mathematics (grade B and above)
- Excellent numerical skills and strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Professional, naturally enthusiastic and hardworking approach
- Relevant financial internship experience in a fund management company beneficial
- Attention to detail, deadline orientated
- Adaptability, teamwork and good problem-solving skills
- Achievement focused
- Testing / interviews will take place onsite on a specific date.
- Further details available upon application
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted