Leading Asset Management firm is now looking for a high calibre Renewable Power Markets Analyst to join their London based team. This is a role that would suit someone with 12-18 months working experience with exceptional academic achievement and strong modelling skills.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the success of a dynamic, growth-oriented company with diverse global asset management portfolio. The analyst will provide insight and advice with real impact on business performance and strategy. The Market Analyst will provide critical commentary and insight on fuel and power market developments in Europe.
Key activities will include:
- Leading the review and analysis of power market developments in target regions where the business has existing or prospective interests
- Contributing to the evaluation of power asset and other low carbon project acquisition opportunities as opportunities arise
- Maintaining detailed long term projections for wholesale electricity prices and other key indicators of business performance in existing and target markets
- Applying rigorous analysis to develop, test and build conviction around company projections and assessments of market, project and business risk
- Conducting economic analysis of all aspects of the power supply business (including generation, transmission, distribution and fuel supply components) as necessary to support existing or prospective investment opportunitie
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Some experience of competitive and regulated power markets or other energy and commodity markets
- The ability to apply technical and quantitative analysis in an economic/business context, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to argue, summarize and illustrate analyses in a convincing, accessible format
- Excellent economic judgment and business sense
- Ability to prioritize and deliver in a multi-project, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of a European Language would be an advantage
You should have a strong academic background ideally in Economics, Business, Finance or equivalent. You should be a dynamic individual who can think and work independently, communicate effectively with various ‘client’ groups across multiple locations, and who brings an inquisitive, problem-solving attitude to each task in hand.