My client, a well-established Hedge fund. They are seeking an Operations Associate to join their team in London. The role will consist of you supporting the Portfolio Manager in the oversight of investment processes.
My client, a well-established Hedge fund. They are seeking an Operations Associate to join their team in London. The role will consist of you Supporting the Portfolio Manager in the oversight of investment processes.
This role will assist in Liaising with portfolio managers to resolve trade queries and position breaks.
The individual will ideally need experience in the following:
- Liaise with the custodians, prime brokers and executing brokers to make sure all trades are pre-matched in the market, resolving any issues before the settlement date
- Reconciliation of daily fund P&L and ability to deal with queries from Portfolio Managers
- Monitor cash positions and reconcile margin requirements
- Working with the execution desk to ensure accuracy and operational efficiency
- Liaising with the fund administrator and prime broker on daily and month-end portfolio issues
- Liaising with counterparties regarding trades
- Liaising with portfolio managers to resolve trade queries and position breaks
- Assist with marketing and risk reporting when required
- Assist Financial Controller with calculating monthly management and incentive fees
- Handle any ad-hoc intra-day queries from Portfolio Managers and Traders Support office IT functions and general office management when required
- Coverage for the Financial Controller and COO
- Strong automation experience via VBA is essential, ideally some SQL and Python knowledge as well
- Recent Graduate or 2 years relevant Operations/Middle office experience
- Experience ideally gained from EITHER another hedge fund or a fund administrator / Sell-side institution to understand the hedge fund administration process
- Knowledge of financial products (Equities, CFD, FX, Fixed Income, Derivatives) and the full trade life cycle, including corporate actions
- Knowledge of Bloomberg EMSX advantageous
- Exposure to NAV preparation and familiarity with DTCC/EMIR reporting would be desirable
- A conscientious approach to data quality and entry to maintain a high-level accuracy and service