EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Graduate Java Developer - Derivatives Utility, London
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 25 Apr 18
The Derivatives Utility provides customers with derivatives clearing operations and technology services for trade clearing, trade lifecycle management, margin processing, reconciliation, and data management. The Derivatives Utility covers more than 135 cleared derivative markets in more than 35 countries.
FIS' Derivatives Utility was designed to help global capital markets firms better adapt to market challenges by enabling market participants, including futures commission merchants (FCMs), to achieve greater efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale in middle and back-office processing and technology.
Graduate Java Developer
We are offering graduates an exciting opportunity to join our Derivatives Utility as a Java Developer based in Canary Wharf, London. The role sits within the Clearing IT team and your key focus in this role will be on enhancement of existing functionality and the development of new functionality for the core middle-office clearing platform.
Additionally, you will focus on developing applications to handle listed Derivatives trades, subjecting them to risk valuation. You will provide development support for the applications in listed Derivatives and will conduct end-user training for all users and stakeholders, on development items for which they are responsible.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills:
• Graduate from a technical discipline
• Experience with core Java
• Proactive, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged!
• Aspiring to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company!
Desired technical skills for this position include:
• Experience with Oracle
• Exposure to JSP's, Servlets, Weblogic/Tomcat
• Exposure to messaging applications like websphere MQ
• Knowledge of system design, development, and implementation
• Knowledge of / experience with scripting language
Training & Development
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning needs through on-the-job training, challenging projects, and access to a robust programme of online and classroom learning.
Upon joining FIS, you will attend the core graduate training week designed to provide you with an overview of how our organisation is structured, our technology and the markets we serve. Additionally, you will attend training sessions focused on professional skills that you will build on throughout your career.
What are we offering?
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
• A chance to learn about a wide range of projects within the derivatives space
• A fun and supportive team to help with your development
• A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, travel insurance, company pension and more!
• Amazing views of London from our Canary Wharf office!
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.