Graduate or Junior level IT Operations Analyst required to join our IT Operations Team based in London.
Under the general supervision of the IT Operations Team Leader, this position provides 1st line support for all business-critical applications and the production infrastructure they work on.
The IT Operations department operate 24 hours a day from Sunday night to Friday night with a presence in London and Hong Kong. The position involves working shifts of 8.5 hours per day.
This is an entry level position and a training will be provided through a training plan designed around the successful candidate.
As an Associate Engineer - IT Operations, you will:
- Work in a 24/5 Ops Control Centre in a shift pattern environment.
- Monitor hardware, applications and environmental conditions across the enterprise using tools such as OpsGenie & Check MK (Nagios)
- Provide 1st line support of production infrastructure alerts which includes Windows, Linux, Networks, Voice, Storage, Databases & End user technology platforms.
- Provide 1st line support of production application alerts which includes all trading and cash payment applications.
- Follow operational procedures to ensure faults which cannot be fixed at 1st line are referred to correct technical support functions
- Provide oversight of new alerts being created to ensure operational documentation is in place.
- Provide Support for our secure file transfer (SFTP) application, MoveIT.
- Provide oversight approval for all changes to production in line with the Change Management process.
- Perform changes to production systems on behalf of the development team.
- Complete data restores & disk extensions as requested.
- Complete compliance checks required of recorded telephone lines.
- Provide On-Call cover as part of a rota (average expected 1 week per month)
Overall ownership and accountability for the recovery of service as part of the Major Incident Process.
- Ensuring all Major Incident Management guidelines are followed throughout the incident.
- Follow up on the Problem Management process when required.
The successful candidate should have:
- IT related qualification A-Level or above.
- A passion for Technology with some exposure to coding.
- Experience working a customer facing role, preferably in an IT role.
- Relationship management skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people effectively.
- Proven ability to be proactive and show initiative in proposing and implementing new processes and techniques
- Flexible in approach and attitude
- A logical thinker with a can-do attitude
- Proactive and eager to take on new challenges
Experience of the following IT or management systems are desirable but not essential:
- Check MK (Nagios) Monitoring Suite
- OpsGenie Alert & On-Call Management application
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Knowledge of Service Now IT Service Management suite
- Windows OS & Linux Support/Admin
- Oracle & SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of Secure File Transfer Systems (MoveIT)
- PowerShell / Python scripting