Graduate Energy Analyst - Fluent French/German Speaker
- £excellent + bonus + package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Connect Resourcing
- 16 May 19
Leading Energy Trading business is now seeking to hire a French or German speaker for its London based office.
This is exciting role for a graduate or someone with 12-18 months working experience to work for a leading energy trading business. You should ideally speak fluent French or German - the key elements of the role are as follows:
- Manage short term physical electricity position in European markets.
- Act as the interface between the business and the European Grid Operators for;
- The submission of bids for the purchase of transmission capacity.
- The nomination of positions within countries with our trading counterparts.
- The nomination of border flows to the respective Grids.
- Ensuring that the positions displayed in our bespoke scheduling systems reflect the reality of the trading desks’ activity on the market in terms of trades being captured and transmissions scheduled per nominated physical flows
- Understand the requirements of each Grid Operator in terms of nomination file format and deadlines for the various nomination types.
- React quickly to information from Grid Operators to avoid or minimise the impact of costly “imbalances”.
A strong interest in the energy markets or ideally some experience of them through study or work would be ideal. You should also have a strong attention to detail, be able to work to tight timescales, have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as strong numercial and analytical skills.