A Leading Energy Trading business in central London is now looking to hire a Graduate Analyst with fluent French or German language capabilities.
This is exciting role for a graduate or someone with 12-18 months working experience to work for a leading energy trading business.
You do not have to have specific experience of all of the below but work experience in the European energy industry, or a relevant energy related degree, is essential.
Key repsonsibilities include:
- Manage short term physical electricity position in European markets.
- Act as the interface between the business and the European Grid Operators for the submission of bids for the purchase of transmission capacity, the nomination of positions within countries with the trading counterparts and the nomination of border flows to the respective Grids.
- Ensuring that the positions displayed in our bespoke scheduling systems reflect the reality of the trading desks’ activity on the market in terms of trades being captured and transmissions scheduled per nominated physical flows
- Understand the requirements of each Grid Operator in terms of nomination file format and deadlines for the various nomination types.
- React quickly to information from Grid Operators to avoid or minimise the impact of costly “imbalances”.
Ideal skillsets and experience:
- MUST have fluent French or German language capabilities.
- Strong academic background, ideally with an energy related or STEM degree.
- Confident and articulate communication skills.
- Experience in the UK/European energy markets, in a commercially focused role ideal.
- Decisive and able to use own initiative in dealing with operational problems.
- Disciplined and able to work under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and numerical skills.
- Tactful and diplomatic when communicating with external companies and stakeholders.
If you have the relevant energy background and career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.