Man Group has a new opening for a Graduate Analyst within the Man Solutions Middle Office team on a 12m Fixed Term Contract.
The Middle Office Accountant is primarily responsible for assisting Asset Managers by providing review/analysis of fund profit and loss accounts and calculating the Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds. They are responsible for highlighting potential operational or valuation issues to the Asset Manager.
- Using the firm's systems and other available tools (Bloomberg data etc.), on a daily basis review and analyse fund profit and loss accounts across asset classes, in order to assist reporting performance to Asset Managers
- Calculate Net Asset Value (NAV) of funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including checking accrued income and expenses. Provision of intra-NAV estimates to the Asset Managers when requested
- Involved in the execution of the fund rebalance process to ensure risk management systems accurately reflect capital used for trading purposes
- Liaise with the fund administrator/s to reconcile final fund NAVs
- Review foreign exchange exposures and report to the Asset Managers, highlighting any currency hedging requirements
- Review reconciliations between Custodians, Prime brokers and the investment engine's internal records, co-ordinating investigation and/or correction of breaking items where require
- Provide ad-hoc reports to the Asset Managers and senior management regarding performance and historic trading analysis
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the pricing governance and controls are maintained through identification and mitigation of pricing risks and the communication/documentation of any enhancements to the framework
- Apply technical understanding to securities pricing across the business
- Review existing systems / processes / procedures and MIS to identify areas of possible enhancements
- Represent the team on wider Man projects such as trading system enhancements and regulatory change integration
Key Skills & Experience
- Highly numerate
- Experience working in financial services, typically in an investment bank or asset management firm
- Good understanding of traded financial instruments
- A team player, who is also comfortable to take individual ownership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of programming language(s) an advantage
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.