- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Somerset Capital Management
- 07 Dec 17 2017-12-07
Somerset Capital Management Limited is a specialist Global Emerging Markets investment management firm.Since its foundation in 2007, the firm has grown to $9bn under management with 42 staff including 18 investment managers and analysts based in London and Singapore.Somerset Capital believe in co-investment, capping our funds and preferring to focus on performance above asset gathering.To maintain our ethos and commitment to this philosophy, we are looking to enhance the capabilities of our team within our Fund Management, Marketing and Operations departments, and are seeking a bright minded commercially focused individual to join us becoming an integral part of our team.
You will work closely with the Manager of Dividend Growth Strategy to promote the Firm’s investment services and to develop new client relationships in respect of the Fund. The role will allow you to gain experience and knowledge of various aspects of emerging markets equities fund management, under the guidance of the Manager of the Fund. This role will involve the following:
• Promote and develop, in conjunction with the business requirements in respect of the Dividend Growth Strategy, the delivery of client presentations to investors.
• Acting as key point of contact for clients, and being responsible for building and maintaining investor relationships.
• Supporting new business development and new product development initiatives
• Ensuring accurate data management and record keeping.
• Assisting and hosting client events and roadshows, and networking to help grow and consolidate stakeholder relationships.
• Processing and managing regular communications with clients, including monthly factsheets and commentary for dividend growth clients.
• Researching companies and sectors for prospective good investments for clients, and supporting the implementation of a clear and effective marketing strategy.
Qualifications & Experience
We are looking for a bright mind with a good academic record with some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our clients and key stakeholders. You should therefore be a top academic performer with strong communication and interpersonal skills and be interested in emerging markets.
• You will have a degree with an academic focus on business (in particular finance, business economics or accounting or business economics).
• Passionate about finance and interested in capital markets, investments and credit. • Work well in a team and inspire others with your helpfulness.
• Have a flair for establishing rapport and building relationships in order to build the trust required to advise clients on long-term investments.
• Be able to make sound decisions, even under pressure, and determined to learn quickly and build a long-term career as a capable executive.
• Able to listen and assimilate new information and ideas quickly.
• Be a creative individual with the intellectual curiosity to solve problems in fresh, new ways.
The salary on offer for this position is £30,000 per annum. To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter to Sara Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: 6th January 2018.