Graduate - Risk, Treasury & Finance Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- BGC Partners
- 18 Mar 19
About Cantor Fitzgerald & BGC Partners Cantor Fitzgerald was founded as a bond brokerage firm in 1945 by Bernard Gerald Cantor. By 1972 it had become the world’s first electronic marketplace for the U.S. Government Securities. In 1996, Cantor launched a fully electronic trading platform
About Cantor Fitzgerald & BGC Partners
Cantor Fitzgerald was founded as a bond brokerage firm in 1945 by Bernard Gerald Cantor. By 1972 it had become the world’s first electronic marketplace for the U.S. Government Securities. In 1996, Cantor launched a fully electronic trading platform called eSpeed. In 2004, Cantor separated this business to form BGC Partners, named for Bernard Gerald Cantor.
Cantor Fitzgerald is privately owned as opposed to BGC Partners, which is publically traded on NASDAQ. Cantor Fitzgerald controls about 20% of BGC’s economic ownership.
BGC Partners is a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. We are experts in our fields, agile and dynamic in our approach, and built upon the foundation of innovative technology and exceptional talent.
BGC offers customers access to more than 200 financial products including fixed income securities, interest rate swaps, foreign exchange, equities, equity derivatives, credit derivatives, commercial real estate, commodities, futures, and structured products. It also provides a comprehensive range of services to the financial community, including trade execution, broker-dealer services, clearing, processing, information, and other back-office services.
Perhaps BGC and Cantor Fitzgerald’s most unique quality is the immense variety of entities and asset classes. Cantor’s portfolio of business also includes real estate, prime brokerage, gaming and ventures. We have a strong track record of accretive acquisitions and profitable hiring. BGC and Cantor Fitzgerald is a global company with over 10,000 employees in over 20 countries.
Risk, Treasury & Finance Analyst
Analysts participate in four rotations, where they will work with professionals who manage the following functions:
1. Credit & Market Risk
2. Enterprise Risk
In addition to building their skills, analysts will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to various other areas of the firm through daily interaction with other departments.
- Assessing the creditworthiness of counterparties, evaluating industries and product types, conducting due diligence and determine trading limits.
- Reviewing daily activity and analysis of market risk profiles across the firm. In addition, analysts will help run exposure and stress testing models.
- Identifying and measuring operational risk across the various Cantor & BGC business and recommending appropriate mitigating actions.
- Supporting the Chief Financial Officer’s team with financial reporting, regulatory reviews and strategic business decisions.
- Assisting with liquidity management, cash capital monitoring and Cantor’s interactions with external rating agencies and funding providers.
Cantor seeks candidates with a strong academic profile in business-oriented programs who demonstrate robust quantitative and communication skills. Financial industry experience is a plus.