Goldman Sachs Asset Management Compliance - Vice President - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Dublin Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
This is a role on the compliance advisory team helping to provide compliance advisory services covering portfolio management, trading, sales and marketing activity within Goldman Sachs Asset Management International ("GSAM") based in London, where GSAM is part of the broader Asset Management Division ("AMD"). The successful candidate will work with business partners, Legal and Compliance colleagues in connection with helping to respond to regulatory requests, respond to compliance queries from the business, uplift compliance program in response to regulatory reform, perform surveillance and forensic reviews, train the business in compliance matters, participate in policy updates and drafting, conduct marketing material sign off, and advise on sales activity. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as act as project lead on various compliance matters
- Good familiarity with all aspects of asset management compliance
- Represented compliance on projects such as new activities, new products or regulatory reform
- Understanding of compliance programs and development and implementation of those programmes
- Production of materials and presentation of those to senior firm committees and/or board
- Ability to deal with senior business personnel and deliver good compliance outcomes in time constrained situations.
- Compliance monitoring of any aspects of FCA regulations as part of general monitoring or forensic review work
- Develop and draft compliance policies and procedures, outlining firm policies, regulations and best practices
- Participate in compliance working groups for firm strategic initiatives
- Participate in the review and evaluation of new instruments and vehicles to identify compliance issues and surveillance needs
- Provide daily compliance surveillance of GSAM portfolios for regulatory requirements and applicable policies and procedures
- Performing tasks relating to marketing, distribution and third-party distributor due diligence
- Compliance advisory regarding global asset management marketing and distribution questions: UCITS/Non-UCITS/cross border distribution
- Compliance advisory on new GSAM fund launch projects
- Preparation, organisation and delivery of compliance trainings
- Miscellaneous projects as required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5+ years compliance experience in asset management
- Risk and control focused individual with excellent judgment
- Knowledge of investment instruments including derivatives
- General compliance knowledge and familiarity with FCA regulations, MiFID, UCITS and AIFM Directives. Knowledge of CSSF, CBI, BaFin, SEC, Investment Adviser's Act, Investment Company Act, ERISA is helpful but not required.
- Effective analytical and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and work under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Graduate equivalent education (Preferred)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity