Goldman Sachs Asset Management - European Shareholder Services - Platform Services - London - Associate / Vice President
GOLDMAN SACHS ASSET MANAGEMENT (GSAM)
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
European Shareholder Services is responsible for the ongoing client service and Transfer Agent vendor management for the Goldman Sachs mutual and alternative funds domiciled in Luxembourg, Ireland and Cayman Islands. The primary objective of Platform Services is to provide high standard client service solutions and optimum efficiency to our distributors and clients, interfacing with multiple partners and vendors and many internal GS teams.
This consultative function contributes to asset gathering, facilitating access to the funds, enhancing client trading and reporting, identifying operational efficiencies and differentiation through technology and, ultimately, enhancing the client experience.
Keys to this strategic role include a proactive and self-motivated attitude, creative and business-oriented mindset, strong organizational and communication skills, a thorough understanding of fund industry, and experience in implementing technology and service solutions. Responsibilities
- Maintain expertise of client infrastructure and servicing needs, including but not limited to Third Party Distribution platforms and technology/data vendors
- Coordinate with Client Service, Operations, Technology, Legal/Compliance and Sales to identify, suggest and promote on-boarding, trading and reporting solutions, existing or new, with clients and prospects
- Work alongside the GSAM Sales teams to offer a consultative service to our internal partners and clients focusing on operational, technological and client service solutions within the mutual Fund space with a focus on Liquidity Products.
- Manage relationships with industry partners (clearing, trading and reporting platforms for instance)
- Capture, understand and analyse competitive information on the fund industry to ensure GSAM maintains a leading position in client service and technology tools
- +7 years' experience in the banking/asset management, in either a client-facing or client service role, with knowledge of fund investment market an advantage
- Strong relationship building and organisational skills with high energy level
- Commercially focussed and entrepreneurial mindset
- Resourceful individual with strong intellectual curiosity and creativity, and consultative approach to business
- Comfort and experience with technology for analysing, presenting and implementing solutions
- Achievement orientation and willingness to excel and succeed
- Self-starter, comfortable with both defining and executing strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both internally and externally
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Good understanding of global fund distribution and the associated services, processes, and controls
- Knowledge of Shareholder Services, Transfer Agency and Fund Administration
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity