Global Trading House seeks Operations & Information Systems Project Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden C&I
- 15 Feb 19
Global Commodity Trading House seeks Project Manager with minimum 2 years of Management Consulting experience to join the Operations and Information Systems department, to be based in offices in Geneva.
The Client and Role:
The Client is a leader in the global commodity trading space. Through a global network, the business source, store, blend and deliver essential raw materials and commodities to clients around the world.
Due to a pick-up in activity, the Operations & Information Systems team are looking to add a strong Project Manager to help drive complex Operational efficiency projects. These projects often include business process transformations and system enhancements, and involve teams across multiple offices.
The Project Manager will be responsible for defining an engagement plan with the business leaders, running a thorough diagnostic, identifying improvement opportunities, translating them into business process changes and system redesigns, working with a team of business analysts and developers, and coordinating global rollout plans.
The projects cover the full spectrum of activities, including trading, risk management, shipping, contracting, invoicing, accounting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2-4 of experience running large and complex business projects for a top tier management consulting firm
- Master degree in Engineering or Business from a top university
- Genuine Interest in Energy markets and information systems
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills. French language skills an advantage
- Knowledge of relational databases development is an advantage
- Excellent problem solving skills – able to find pragmatic solutions with an analytical mindset
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt. A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours