Global Sales Director / Subject Matter Expert - Business Information Energy / Petrochemicals
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to BISDA, this is a position to lead the growth strategy with the sales teams globally. The SME is responsible for working with a team to develop and execute a strategy on how to drive product line growth by supporting the sales team to meet and exceed targets at the customer interface. Additionally, the SME will be a major contributor on retention activities on clients that subscribe to the products.
The role is dedicated to the Business Information group (BI) within BISDA in the OMDC group and requires a high degree of competency in understanding the details and analytics of the BI offerings including: 1) midstream infrastructure database, 2) company strategy and performance, and 3) assets (DCP). As such, the SME needs to be able to independently present and demonstrate the value, tools, methodology and value proposition on the products assigned including addressing customer's questions on the methodology and quantitative results generated by the BI products. The SME will be a conduit into the product development team and business management on customer feedback and improvement opportunities and a team member of the BI team.
The role supports the sale team in closing specific deals and identifying new opportunities and approaches at clients. The SME will be highly responsive to client inquiries for BI products as well as have an engagement strategy to initiate customer interest. They will provide direction and input into marketing efforts on campaigns and events. The SME will have a quota target to deliver in conjunction with the sales team and delivering against IHS Markit and customer objectives. This job carries the quota directly aligned with the business and sales targets globally. General Job Duties
- Drive retention, growth and deal closure at clients in conjunction with the sales team.
- Achievement of Quota set for the OMDC sales team for the assigned products.
- Develop & execute engagement strategy for the team globally & in individual market segments including existing and new logo clients.
- Meet Net New Sales Target assigned
- Ability to demonstrate live demos to clients and explain the value in client work flow for each product covered.
- Understand and explain to customers the oil/gas and petrochemical supply chain, commercial drivers that differential operating companies and impact of shifts in Assets as well as company strategy.
- Achievement of overall global growth and retention rate target. Take action to increase customer satisfaction, reduce cancellations, preserve customer investment with IHS Markit, and focused customer win-back efforts.
- Establish deep relationships with key customers and decision makers at new clients through joint calls with sales people and to enable closure of key opportunities and discovery of new opportunities.
- Development of actionable account plans at targeted accounts.
- Participation in global BI team calls and leadership of those teams as required.
- Use and ensure accurate reporting through salesforce.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or related subject
- Advanced business degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in the Energy/Petrochemical or related industry
- 7+ years of sales experience
- Strong experience working with client and sales teams
- Experience of working with matrix structure
- Solid understanding of the Petrochemical, Oil and Gas Industry
- Strong PC skills and ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Commercially skilled and knowledgeable with sound interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and be persuasive
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Understanding of value selling and able to close deals and build relationships
- Ability to work as part of a team, support colleagues and mentor junior staff
- Outstanding communicator both internally and externally
- Great at networking within the industry
- Comfortable working in a highly complex and fast paced organization
- Be recognised as the expert quickly
Job location is flexible dependent on candidateInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.