Global Regulatory Reporting Solutions Sales Specialist
Company & Team - "About Us"
Our GRRS business partners with clients to deliver our state-of-the-art technology to help them overcome complexity, uncertainty and fragmentation in their trade and transaction reporting. We are a team of seasoned experts with senior relationships across banks, buy-side and brokerage firms and we work with a great group of people across business development, product, marketing, and account management to create scalable , client-centric solutions. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
This is a Sales appointment in IHS Markit's London Sales Team with responsibility for supporting the business development and account management of our Global Regulatory Solutions suite of services.
This position will be in London with a focus on identifying, qualifying, and closing new opportunities. The successful candidate will have broad experience in financial markets, a proven track record selling financial software (Listed Futures, OTC Trade Processing and Regulatory Reporting preferred), account management, and the ability to manage complex relationships.
Expertise in Trade and Transaction Reporting (e.g. EMIR, MiFID II, SFTR, MAS, ASIC, HKMA, SEC, CFTC, Canada) is a plus.
Duties & accountabilities
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Development and execution of sales plan against an assigned quota
- Direct sales of our Global Regulatory Solutions suite of services
- Generate and follow up on leads, qualify and prioritize opportunities
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- Relationship maintenance and development of key relationships to generate active sponsorship
- Work with, and influence activities of IHS Markit as appropriate
- Work with legal on the execution of contracts
- Renewal of existing contracts
- Strategic work and thinking with client base to identify new initiatives and partnership opportunities
- Internal communication and reporting
- Maintain understanding of competitive activity relevant to industry sector
- Attend industry conferences and forums
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
- Solution selling mentality and proof of exceeding sales quota annually
- Track record of sales hunting
- Willingness to work towards achieving goals in a changing and challenging environment
- Knowledge and experience of capital markets and the OTC trade processing and Regulatory Reporting space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Specific experience with derivatives (listed and OTC) and large bank and buyside firms will be a big advantage
- Ability to learn and understand technical product solutions and features
- Other languages a strong plus
- Key requirement of creating and managing new accounts towards the main objective of driving new revenues year-on-year in line with the sales plan
- Ability to inspire and influence peers and colleagues across the firm through industry expertise and excellence in all aspects of communication and leadership
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings and navigate complex organizations
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.