Global Real Estate Investment Firm - Finance Manager - London
- £70,000 - £85,000 + Bonus + Benefits GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- LH Partners
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Our client is a highly successful global real estate investment management firm. With international offices and a solid reputation backed up by an experienced team and solid industry track record, their London Office is now looking to hire an experienced Finance Manager with 2-5 years of post-qualified industry experience covering corporate accounting. Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified (either from a Big 4 firm or Top 20 Practice) with a min. 2 years of industry experience and possess a well-rounded skill-set to cover a variety of tasks (corporate accounting, taxation, analytical work, cash management etc.).
The role requires a professional corporate accountant with experience in the following:
- A strong technical accountant who is able to report under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Group Consolidation experience, preferably over multiple currencies. Must have an understanding of entities and group structures
- A background in external audit as they will dealing with and helping to manage the audit process
- Excellent stakeholder management and someone who is a hands-on accountant
- Sector experience from the investment or asset management sector (ideally real estate investment but the firm will also be open to private equity, asset management, private wealth and hedge fund candidates with corporate accounting experience)
Overall purpose of role
The key objectives of the Finance Manager role are to be responsible for all management and financial accounting and reporting for all entities within the finance function; to build and manage all key relationships including auditors, service providers (accounting, tax, administration, custody and audit) preparing that reporting; and to provide local Finance support and advice to non-Finance colleagues and investors.
The Finance Manager is responsible for the coordination, preparation and audit of annual financial statements and internal management reports. This includes:
- Consolidation of large real-estate asset management group;
- Preparation of financial statements;
- Ensuring adherence to the timetable for preparation;
- Reviewing the consolidated accounts and signing off before transferring to the auditors;
- Presentation of Group financials;
- Maintenance and development of internal and external reporting requirements;
- Ensuring the auditors pre-audit information request is completed;
- Managing the audit process and resolving audit queries to ensure that audits are completed on time and within budget, with minimal issues or adjustments; and
- Managing the internal reporting process, delivering insightful analysis on annual performance and NAV movements.
Banking, debt and cash management
The Finance Manager will be responsible for cash management and day-to-day banking. This includes:
- Management of cash flow across the entire structure;
- Approval of certain payments;
- Review of intercompany interest payments;
- Ensuring bank reconciliations are performed;
- Preparing cash forecasting across the platforms, including the planning of investor and debt drawdowns; and
- Identifying any cash repatriation issues.
The Finance Manager will provide support to the Tax Manager in managing the tax structure and tax reporting. This Includes:
- Understanding the tax structure and substance requirements;
- Ongoing management of the structure;
- Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date; and
- Ensure service providers are submitting all tax returns on time, including VAT, property taxes, income and corporate taxes.
The Finance Manager is responsible for coordination of all of the above key responsibilities. This involves:
- Organisation; and