Global Product Executive for Depositary and Trustee Services, MD
Who we are looking for:
The Global Product Executive for Depositary and Trustee Services, is responsible for developing and driving an end-to-end product strategy that aligns with the overall State Street Corporate strategy. This includes market research, ideation / innovation, strategic planning, establishing pricing guidelines, providing commercialization support and ongoing management of fully-loaded product economics. A key part of the role includes driving prioritization of the global product development agenda and the related spend.
The product executive should have the ability to work across functions, and timezones partnering with the Client coverage organization and the Heads of the legal entities providing depositary and trustee services. In addition, success will require a depth of understanding and appreciation of local nuances in depositary and trustee services, while at the same time an ability to identify and drive scalable solutions and frameworks with a focus on leveraging technology and data to drive insights. Why this role is important to us:
Depositary and trustee services are a core part of State Street's overall Asset servicing value proposition and hence this is a critical role for the organization. In many of our locations we tend to be one fo the largest Depositary/Trustee service providers. Further, these services are increasing in importance and scrutiny in line with the overall trends in the industry - improved risk management, enhanced oversight, and resilience.
This role will support the definition of strong and market-leading standards for our core Depositary/Trustee services, ensuring a strong alignment across locations whilst maintaining full compliance to local practices, regulations and standards. Strong Product management will ensure greater pro-activity to perform changes to the operating framework and technical infrastructure that are dictated by changing regulations and market practice, whilst maximizing consistency and efficiency across locations and regions.
This integrated role will require a proactive professional to formulate communication strategies and messaging to internal and external stakeholders. What you will be responsible for:
As Global Product Executive for Depositary and Trustee Services, you will:
What we value:
- Lead Depositary/Trustee product portfolio management and strategy for Institutional Services clients, defining the core standards to maintain or install.
- Establish effective interactions between product teams, operations teams, segment teams, IT teams and corporate functions.
- Implement an effective product management governance framework for Depositary/Trustee product portfolio ensuring appropriate planning, coordination, and product effectiveness assessments.
- Establish key performance metrics for evaluating effectiveness against product objectives.
- Drive thought leadership, market advocacy, and innovation working with internal stakeholders and clients in creative ways.
- Leverage your understanding of market, competitive forces and client priorities, to recommend product enhancements, and to ensure the strength and competitive positioning of the product portfolio.
- Instill a culture and environment of risk excellence
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong proven product management experience, leading teams and achieving positive fiduciary outcomes while meeting financial targets
- Deep knowledge of the funds Industry and relevant regulations and working practices
- Ability to manage and motivate Subject Matter Experts to drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated skills in problem assessment and resolution as well as collaborative problem solving in a complex setting.
- Excellent communications skills within an organization and with clients.
- Proven ability to detect emerging trends, and encourage and make recommendations for creative change.
- Proven ability to achieve results with the persistence and patience necessary to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and lead team efforts.
- Good regulatory knowledge and ability to synthetize laws and practices.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral presentations skills.
About State Street What we do.
- Based in Europe, preferable in the UK, Germany, Luxembourg, or Ireland
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers