Global Markets Risk Manager - Global Mortgage Products
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Global Markets Risk Manager - Global Mortgage Products
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: Global Risk
Here at our London Office we are looking for an individual to join our EMEA Markets Risk - Global Mortgage Products (GMP) as a Global Markets Risk Manager.
EMEA Global Mortgage Products consists of the Trading and the Origination and Lending groups which in turn consist of sub-business lines including Flow ABS Trading along with Asset Finance and Commercial Real Estate. GMP business activities span market making in the European ABS market, providing DCM advisory and execution capabilities to issuers of ABS securities and seeking new opportunities to finance high quality assets in the Asset Finance and Commercial Real Estate market.
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in London. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a Global Markets Risk Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Identify and analyse all significant risks and ensure Senior Management are kept informed of these risks.
- Report and monitor positions against Market risk metrics and limits. Liaise closely with the business to detail any overages and set limits.
- Ensure risks are feed to and captured by the Bank's risk system and risk methodology. Assist the setup, configuration and implementation and undertake user acceptance testing of new and upgraded risk management systems and upstream systems for risk.
- Review risks related to new products, structured deals and business strategies. Liaising closely with the business and other support functions to determine these risks and ensure they are within appetite and correctly reported.
- Identify stress tests to determine the circumstances under which the business portfolio could incur material losses.
- Ability to analyze and model single deals in the asset finance and commercial real estate areas.
- Assist in ad-hoc risk related queries and projects; Specific risk analysis, CADII applications, reports and analysis for regulators.
- Contribute to the development of the Risk team and to the positive working environment at BAML
- Provide regular point of weakness and concentration risk analysis of the portfolio
As a Global Markets Risk Manager your skills/competencies would include:
- Market Risk or front office experience with a good understanding of key risk metrics such as VaR, Stress testing etc.
- Good understanding of real estate and credit markets.
- Proven finance or risk background with quantitative skills
- The role will involve data analysis, report design and interfacing with the systems development group; the candidate therefore must have a good understanding of IT systems and their development process (but not necessarily be a programmer).
- Ability to build good relationships whilst maintaining independence., handle disputes, negotiate with traders and enforce difficult decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with traders, senior management and other areas of the bank understanding the requirements of each group.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise, to meet deadlines without compromising on quality
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Understanding of regulatory environment affecting Finance industry and the impact on market risk.
- Experience working within Real Estate or Credit market risk
- Motivation to deliver in challenging fast paced environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel essential, VBA and MS Access highly desirable.
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.