Global Markets Lawyer - BBVA BBVA is hiring a lawyer in the London office to join its dynamic and busy Global Markets legal team, reporting to a senior legal counsel, where exposure to a significant breadth of product areas will provide an excellent platform for professional development and opportunities for growth in a leading international bank.
- Providing English law advice to the Corporate and Investment Banking division of the
Bank, both locally and to the head office and international branches.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on a wide variety of contracts relating to, but not
limited to, derivatives, fixed income and structured products (including ISDA
confirmations, prospectuses, final terms, distribution agreements and confidentiality
- Analysing and advising the business areas on all relevant regulatory matters (e.g. MiFID
II, EMIR, BRRD, BMR, Prospectus Regulation and related UK legislation and statutory
instruments) and ensuring that contracts remain in compliance with applicable law and
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on debt capital markets transactions.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating master agreements (e.g. ISDA, CSA, GMRA,
- Reviewing lending documentation such as LMA credit facilities and security documents.
- Liaising with outside counsel on various matters as and when required.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the Bank.
What are we looking for?
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales.
- Would suit candidates with up to 5 years post-qualification experience (PQE) working in
a top international law firm; prior experience in an in-house legal department is also
- Ability to work well and efficiently under pressure - working outside core office hours in
order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage a high workload consisting of a wide range of multiple competing
tasks for various business areas.
- Robust and thorough approach to drafting and reviewing of documentation.
- Strong ability to work effectively in multi-cultural, geographically dispersed, virtual
- Good understanding of the regulatory aspects of banking and finance.
- Spanish language skills helpful but not essential
Additional Essential Attributes:
- A punctual, professional and reliable team player.
- An understanding of the necessity to provide a high standard of customer service to
- An interest and enthusiasm for this area of law and business.
- You have the ability to create new business relationships.
- You consider yourself a person with initiative.
- You love to work in collaborative and diverse environments.
- You identify with the purpose and values of BBVA.
Our commitment with diversity
At BBVA we believe that having a team made up of people with different ways of looking at the world and facing each challenge makes us a better bank.
For this reason we actively support diversity and inclusion and we want to invite you to send your application regardless of your race, sex, age, sexual condition or country of origin, experience, studies ... and we cultivate a collaborative and inclusive work environment that allows us to show the best of ourselves.