Global Markets (EQT Research) Utilities Sector Analyst, Analyst or Associate, London,
The position will focus on providing equity research and investment ideas to our asset management and institutional client base. You will work closely with internal sales, sales trading and trading teams.
A unique chance for you to become a part of our diverse environment. A rare opportunity for a self-starter with state-of-the-art statistical modelling and strong communication skills.
Duties would include:
- Analysis of key macro and micro trends affecting European Utilities industry
- Understanding and analysing company results
- Financial modelling and analysis
- You would be monitoring news flow and updating models
- Formulating and presenting and stock-specific research which will have a direct impact on investment decisions and outcomes - key focus will be on the energy transition theme
- You will be analysing and presenting data from various sources to draw investment conclusions
- Preparing and maintaining regular research products (daily report, daily trading comparable analysis, monthly power price tracker, quarterly preview tables)
- Liaising with offshore analysts maintaining team databases
- Presenting investment ideas to key clients of the Firm
- You will support other Credit Suisse businesses globally by providing insight into trends affecting the industry, its customers and the wider economy
- You should have excellent mathematical and financial modelling skills
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You will need prior experience as Research Analyst
- Experience covering the utilities industry and an understanding of the industry is desired [not essential]
- You must have prior client marketing experience
- Minimum degree qualified or equivalent, ACA or CFA preferable
This role will require ongoing certification under the Certification Regime.