At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for daily risk-management of the volatility part of the Systematic Trading Strategies (STS) trading book (executing hedges in broker and listed market, developing risk management strategies and utilities) with a focus on Single Stock Volatility Strategies and Index Volatility Strategies;
- Responsibility for communication of trading book risks and PnL to Trading Leadership;
- Working closely with Structurers and Strategists on research and implementation of new Quantitative Strategies in volatility space;
- Expanding the trading infrastructure to allow the team to trade new sophisticated strategies;
- Developing a cross-function, cross-asset and cross-regional network within the firm;
- Working with sales and structuring to expand overall franchise business;
London-based STS Trading Desk is a highly regarded team within Global Markets Division responsible for pricing and risk management of exposure to quantitative trading strategies developed internally at Goldman Sachs. The desk manages sizable principal risks across multiple markets (Equities, Rates, FX, Commodities and Credit) both in volatility and one-delta space. We work very closely with the structuring and sales teams globally to create innovative structures, solutions and strategies for our franchise, while also risk managing positions that cannot be easily hedged. Required Qualifications
- Experience in risk managing Equity Flow Volatility Book gained at the Investment Bank or at the Market-Maker;
- Basic knowledge of coding (Python, C++ or similar)
- Strong academic background, ideally in a highly quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physical, Engineering, Finance/Financial Economics or Computing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail, ability to multi-task
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity