Global Markets (Credit), High Yield Desk Strategist, Associate or VP, London,
The Credit Suisse leverage finance trading desk is looking for a desk analyst at the Associate/VP level. The desk is a leading market maker with a top 3 position across European High Yield and CDS. The desk sits on the fixed income floor and is part of Global Markets.
The desk analyst role involves:
· Expressing credit views on HY issuers based on fundamental credit analysis.
· Provide executable trade ideas base on a deep understanding of industry trends, capital structure, relative value and event driven catalysts across cash and CDS.
· In addition, you will be monitoring news flow; share trade ideas and company specific commentaries and closely engage with trading, our institutional client base and assist our cap markets on primary market activity.
· The overall objective is to formulate and update investment recommendations both to the traders and the desk's clients (including mutual funds, pension funds and hedge funds).
· We are opportunistic regarding sector focus. This gives our analysts a broader perspective on companies and allows them to select which companies they focus on.
· We work across Credit Default Swaps (CDS), Secured or Unsecured bonds, loans or PIK (paid in Kind) debt.
· T he role is not a Mifid II publishing research role since desk analysts are not considered independent, given they work closely with the traders You Offer
• Deep understanding of financial statement analysis, financial modelling, corporate finance and accounting.
• Familiarity with European HY bond structure and legal documentation.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to assess risk/reward trade off and formulate executable trade ideas.
• Ability to carry out complex analysis in a fast paced environment.