Global Macro Emerging Markets Strategist - $ Multi Billion Hedge Fund - London
We are currently working with a leading Global Macro hedge fund in London who are looking to add a Global Emerging Markets strategist to their team.
The fund are extremely successful and trade liquid Macro assets across global markets. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the fund managers across 3 different strategies and develop market forecasts and trade recommendations and at the same time be supported by quant researchers.
The trading style is very dynamic and the macro books are actively traded on a discretionary basis with an average time horizon of 1 day to 3 months.
The ideal candidate would be a hybrid economist/strategist, an economist by training but with an understanding of how to forecast inflation and growth, call the central banks, has a good understanding of the market and the ability to make a good judgement call. Responsibilities will include:
- Global EM economics & strategy calls in discretionary global macro fund
- Analysing macroeconomic and political developments
- Developing trade recommendations within Fixed income, Sovereign credit, Interest Rates and FX.
- Taking an economics call into a forecast and providing an outlook
- Speaking to the central banks and understanding what's mis priced
- Working in close proximity with portfolio managers To Apply you must have:
- An MSC/PHD in Economics from a leading university
- Emerging Markets experience, either Global Emerging or CEEMEA
- Experience working in leading bank or buy side firm as an economist or strategist.
- Knowledge of Local rates, sovereign credit and FX.
- Good understanding of Statistics and economics
This is an excellent opportunity to join an firm which has not only been growing but also has a solid reputation and a leading team in the space.
Global applications are welcome and sponsorship is a possibility for the right candidate.