Global Investment Research, Supervisory Analyst, Vice President, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Job Summary & Responsibilities
Global Investment Research forms a vital link between the Firm's business divisions by providing analysis in three main areas: economics, portfolio strategy and securities analysis. In partnership with the analyst teams and other parts of the Content Management Group, the Supervisory Analyst helps to provide accurate and compliant commercial product for use by buy-side firms to structure portfolios and by the Goldman Sachs sales force in its interaction with investing clients.
- Working closely with the head of Content Management and other members of the Research Publishing team, the goal of the SA is to:
Manage the review and production of reports and other research product (e.g., podcasts, videos) from point of submission to point of distribution
- Work on ad hoc projects such as systems development and reviewing and updating SA guidelines based on Legal/Compliance policies and research management objectives
- Train and develop Global Investment Research team members on overall editorial/compliance procedures, templates, GS writing style and subject frameworks
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years' experience as a Supervisory Analyst (SA/editing skills must be demonstrated through a standard test)
- NYSE Series 16 qualification
- Knowledge of standard accounting terms and calculations
- Prior experience and proficiency working in a Windows-based PC environment, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is necessary
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- High motivation - we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive approach, and a genuine interest in business and the financial markets
- Flexibility - our business and what it requires of us are constantly evolving; we seek individuals keen to adapt and thrive in an environment of change
- Ability to see the big picture - to look at the structure, arguments and balance of a report and suggest practical ideas for enhancing its commercial effectiveness
- Proven time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time and to work under tight deadline pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work with teams as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must manage relationships with large group of internal clients, including direct managers, analyst teams, global editorial counterparts, compliance officers and representatives from other departments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity