Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Insurance Analyst, Vice President/Executive Director, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Global Investment Research
Goldman Sachs Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies. Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyse financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS The Role
This is a high profile role within the Global Investment Research Division in Europe, responsible for leading single-stock coverage for a cohort of large and medium sized European Insurance companies. The role will utilize your proven insurance industry expertise, communicating with impact in both written and verbal form, in addition to producing regular, high-quality and original research on both the insurance industry and covered companies. Principal Responsibilities
Experience & Qualifications
- Lead European Insurance analyst, with in-depth industry knowledge
- Assuming primary coverage of a range of European Insurance companies
- Analyzing key insurance sector, sub-sector and company developments
- Publishing regular industry and company-specific reports on European Insurance
- Ongoing and high-frequency interaction with investing client base
- Managing relationships with covered insurance companies
- Facilitating client-corporate interaction through forums, events and the annual European Financials Conference
- Regular interaction with Equity Sales, Sales-Traders, Traders, etc.
- Ability to interact and collaborate with insurance-facing FICC teams
- Responding to ad hoc requests from external clients and internal counterparts
- Building, maintaining and updating company and industry models
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- >10 years of relevant experience in European insurance research, investing, consulting, or any other closely-related role
- Strong knowledge of European Equities, with differentiated expertise in the European insurance sector and major European insurers
- Thorough understanding of financial statement analysis and equity valuation frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking and logical evaluation
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work and think clearly under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with broader team
- Robust compliance track record
- FCA registration required (must be obtained within first six months of employment)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity