Working with key stakeholders, the Global Institutional Content Specialist is responsible for helping shape and deliver a high-quality flow of relevant, and timely institutional content – focusing on insurers, pension funds, consultants and sovereign institutions.
The individual will create the global institutional content strategy to support the institutional business and ensure all copy and collateral, is aligned to the Global Marketing Team’s wider plan.
This role requires a high level of interaction with business partners and investment platforms. The Global Institutional Content Specialist will develop and maintain high-quality, first class content and have the ability to translate complex topics into compelling but simple messages. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of financial topics and be able to write thought leadership pieces, news and educational features, which can be leveraged across various channels including email and social media
As part of the Global Content Strategy and Editorial team, the Global Institutional Content Specialist will deliver and drive the editorial strategy for institutional, accounting for the views of the institutional business and relevant experts we have in place.
They will help add value to clients through regular market insights and viewpoints - and contribute to drive and boost sales, in key growth areas by providing interesting and relevant content for insurers, pension funds, consultants and sovereign institutions.
They will work with Global Marketing to ensure their plan is aligned to the strategy of the team as well as the wider business. The individual will also work closely with the digital and communication teams, to ensure maximum uptake and ROI. They will also be responsible for liaising with key countries and delivering and managing their content pipeline. They will also assist with local adaptation and liaise with external content freelancers as required.
The Global Institutional Content Specialist will:
• Work in partnership with the Institutional Business, to develop and deliver the required content and strategy for global institutional business needs. They will fully understand our key institutional client needs/business objectives and make proactive strategic recommendations for client materials, and actively influence key internal stakeholders.
• They will take full responsibility for researching and writing high-quality content for institutional clients, working closely with institutional content producers across AXA IM and consulting with all relevant stakeholders.
• The Global Institutional Writer will also manage and coordinate the whole production process, working closely with our internal design team and web and social media teams as well as compliance.
• Tailor messages to the different institutional segments and their specific investment needs, especially insurance and pension funds. There will be a need particularly to articulate what AXA IM stands for the different institutional segments and deliver specific segment content as required (e.g. Insurance brochure, Client newsletters, Responsible Investing content).
• Generate ideas and deliver new and innovative ways of promoting AXA IM, our capabilities and our institutional expertise to clients
• Account for metrics and analytics to inform the editorial calendar and the type of content we produce for the institutional business
• Share/leverage best practices across countries, avoiding duplication of efforts and initiatives, and creating a high degree of consistency
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with local institutional sales teams, product specialists, global marketing, corporate communications, compliance and other business functions as relevant
• Be a proactive member of the global marketing and communications community, actively participating and sharing best practices
Key areas of editorial focus will include:
- Markets and industry
• Market research and segment specific surveys e.g. Global Insurance Survey
• Regulation analysis
- Corporate and segment specific
• Articulation of what AXA IM stands for at global level for pensions funds, insurance, sovereign institutions and consultants
• Segment specific collateral, e.g. Insurance Brochure / Insurance Newsletter
- Thought leadership
• High quality Client-led Thought-Leadership and expert opinion pieces
• Series of articles and advertorials - covering subjects such as regulation, industry trends, thematic issues and capabilities
• Topical news
• Educational content
• RI content
- Thematic and capability
• High quality presentations at a capability and thematic level with clear and relevant messaging
• Messaging and content for events
• Capability specific collateral e.g. alternative credit brochure
Education and experience
• A degree in English, journalism, marketing or communications, with professional certifications such as the CFA desirable
• Experience within the asset management (preferably institutional) or financial industry, with a solid understanding of financial, economic and investment concepts, portfolio construction and regulatory environment
• Proven track record of delivery high-quality content, with a strong knowledge of the institutional investment marketplace and of the topics relevant to the different institutional target audiences (i.e. insurance, pension funds, consultants and sovereign institutions)
Knowledge and skills
• Superb writing and verbal communication skills
• Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different institutional audiences, both written and visually, ranging in knowledge and sophistication
• Able to proactively come up with ideas for content as well as take direction when content is not originated by the candidate
• Strong research and analytical capabilities. Proficient with statistical information, able to interpret data and used it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
• Ability to write content across different channels including presentations, collateral / white papers, web, email and social media.
• Experience of writing for social, digital and familiarity with SEO techniques essential.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build easy relationships with different teams and people (corporate communications, global marketing, local marketing, investment teams, product specialists and other business partners)
• Ability to work independently, but also to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’
• Ability to manage internal stakeholders and influence people on the story ideas and editorial calendar for the institutional business
• Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite - proficiency of web analytics tools would be desirable
Language skills required - English (plus other European Language desirable)
Treating Customers Fairly
Demonstrate a customer-centric approach in all marketing activities, ensuring that all materials produced are clear, accurate clear and not misleading.
Risk and Compliance
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of professional standards and regulatory environment (e.g. GDPR) and a commitment to ensuring adherence to AXA IM’s risk and compliance policies.