Global Head of Business Control and Supervision
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Other Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19030213
The Global Head of Business Control and Supervision (BCS) will provide a critical function to Markets and Securities Services and report directly to the Co-Heads of Markets and Securities Services (MandSS) overseeing the global BCS initiatives based in the NY or London working to support and execute on expectations from regulators and ensure a strong and consistent global control environment . The role will represent Markets on a range of control Forums across legal entities and control themes. This role plays a leading contribution to the strategic direction in the articulation and co-ordination of the internal control framework and takes direct ownership for the oversight of control processes functioning within the Front Office (first line of defense) Responsibilities:
- Manage the Global BCS team
- Lead the development of the global Markets Supervisory Control Unit and associated control and management reporting resources
- Represent Markets BCS on key control and legal entity governance committees
- Work with the Global MandSS Business Heads, and control/functional heads, to inventory existing end-to-end controls, as well as future state expectations.
- Assist in the management of key regulatory relationships for the business
- Structure and oversee the execution of First Line processes and controls owned by the BCS team, and assist other First Line groups in the effective oversight of Business owned controls
- Interact with Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and investigate control failures
- Undergraduate degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in delivering change-related projects
- Very strong influence management and relationship skills
- Leadership skills in bringing together processes that include different businesses, regions and support functions.
- Advanced level experience in a Markets/ICG control related roles
- Demonstrated strong business maturity in past roles
- Excellent communicator - internal and external
- Global mindset, with regional/product understanding
- Strong Financial skills, analytical skills and strategic planning skills
- Experience in dealing with Regulatory authorities and an understanding of the key control related themes in the capital markets sector.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding Markets products and services, and trading systems and controls.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent reviews.
London or New York
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer