Global Equity Long/Short Analyst - Auto & Auto parts - Hedge Fund - London
A strong performing Equity Long short hedge fund based in London is looking to add an analyst to their industrials team with a strong background in Auto & Auto parts. You will be reporting directly into the portfolio manager in a fund which offers accelerated career progression upon success.
Responsibilities will include:
• Long/short equity investment analyst covering Global Automotive and Aerospace and defense companies
• Generating long and short investment ideas supporting an industrial-focused portfolio manager
• Maintaining coverage and conducted bottom-up fundamental analysis of c.60 companies across Industrial subsectors (Auto's, Auto parts, OEM's, Suppliers, Aerospace and defense)
• Establishing and developing models to effectively screen for stock opportunities.
• Building multiple financial models from scratch
• Analysis of company financial fillings, industry data and legal documentation, expert reports and sell-side material
In order to apply you must have:
• 3-8 years of equity research experience (buy or sell side) dedicated to Auto's
• Excellent academics from a top school
• Outstanding fundamental modelling skills
• The ability to confidently call a stock in the Auto's space.
• CFA - Preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to be trained and mentored by a leading name in equity long short investing. Success within this position can result in you being given a proportion of the capital to run within as little as 1-2 years.
Please note: this is a single manager hedge fund and not a multi manager platform.