Global Equity Analyst (Intern Position) - Market Neutral Long Short Fund - London
An exceptionally high performing Equity fund is currently looking to add an intern to come and join a fund manager with one of the most successful track records ever seen to add to their growing operation in the UK. This firm seeks to achieve alpha by mapping the global market and making high conviction calls based on complex, state of the art and highly functioning models. The firm seeks to achieve value and shareholder return by finding companies that produce higher-than-average returns on shareholder equity. The team employs a long short investment philosophy and portfolio managers are very knowledgeable within their sub sectors. The team is looking for a motivated graduate that has a real passion for investing. Responsibilities
• Working closely with PM's and the CIO to screen investment ideas
• Updating, creating and building on new and existing valuation models
• Conducting industry and sub sector analysis and passing these onto the analysts and PM's
• Gathering, utilizing and finding market data to track and analyse trends
• Maintain and update databases for research In order to apply you must have
• A CFA level 1 or 2
• Ability to describe Financial statements
• Understanding of merger models
• A strong background in Excel modelling
• Expert in Keyboard short cuts and touch typing
• A proven and demonstrable interest in investing and public markets
• Strong excel skills are fundamental in this position
• A 2:1 Degree or above from a top rated University ideally within Maths, Economics or Engineering.
• Strong communication skills, sense of urgency and an ability to think outside of the box
This is an excellent opportunity to work in public equity research with a long term intern period followed by the very realistic opportunity to be hired as a full time analyst for the right person, please note that this is one of the highest profile funds in the UK and that whilst this an excellent opportunity the post will be very demanding.
All applicants must be UK based with the ability to work in the UK.