Global Data - Technical Account Manager - Alternative Data
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. The Content Acquisition & Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side Dealers and other types of 3rd party data providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg to our customers.
The Bloomberg Alternative Data Business is focused on growing our platform of Third Party alternative data providers' proprietary data sets, and developing innovative ways for clients to access the content. Investment managers, traders, principal investors and corporate leaders are increasingly looking to non-traditional data to help inform investment decisions. Through our industry-leading reference data product, Data License, Bloomberg delivers alternative datasets in ready-to-use formats to help investors uncover opportunities and build new strategies. Standard identifiers make testing datasets and extracting insights easier and faster. Data set vary across a wide range of markets and data categories, such as consumer behaviour, industry insights, and technology trends.
Our Client Service team is responsible for on-boarding and managing content from our data partners which is then made available to our client base via Bloomberg Enterprise Access Point. For clients, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access this content in one place makes their workflow more efficient and helps them make more informed decisions. For the contributors of the data, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater market presence and returns on their distribution efforts. What's the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Contributions Account Manager based in London. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content providers. You will be proactively working with content providers to ensure content is delivered in a timely and effective manner. In order to do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will contribute to the feedback loop by providing evaluations and feedback from clients to product owners and management. You'll need to have:
- 3 years of experience in a technical support or implementation role (in Alternative Data is a plus)
- Experience deploying Python services, SQL and using RegEx
- Experience with Rest API and AWS
- Confidence to manage relationships on a technical and business level
- Autonomy to develop your own ideas and strategies for your accounts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- Effective prioritization skills and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Experience in utilizing business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for product and content improvements
- A proactive attitude with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
We'd love to see:
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with the global team of motivated Product managers, Account Managers, Content Specialists and Engineering teams to improve our products and exceed our customers' expectations
If this sounds like you: Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
- Experience in solution engineering or technical account management
- Troubleshooting experience with SOAP and REST environment
- Keen interest in the financial markets
- Prior experience in a start-up/early stage company a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com