Global Credit Trading & Syndicate - EMEA Loan Trading desk - Analyst/Associate
The EMEA Loan Trading business is part of the Corporate and Investment Bank's Global Credit Trading platform. The business trades all issued loans, including second lien and mezzanine securities and in the case of distressed loans any successor or restructured instruments. The desk also provides financing to investor clients for portfolios of loans in either non-recourse or recourse TRS format. Underlying loans collateral in these financings could be broadly syndicated loans, mid-market direct lending loans/ unitranches or stressed loans.
Our client base includes the top European banks, credit funds, CLO investors, hedge funds and private equity clients. Opportunity
The opportunity is to join the desk analyst team reporting to the head of desk analyst team. The candidate will focus on underwriting and risk management of collateral for financing portfolios and develop into the point of contact on various financing trades. The candidate will develop an understanding of the financing trade structures and protections available, and assess collateral within that framework. There will also be opportunity to train with the experienced desk analysts in the team and contribute to single name situational credit analysis for the desk. Key responsibilities:
- Single name credit analysis for financing - review portfolios of loans to assess credit quality of each asset and assign market value of collateral. This includes both initial underwrite and ongoing portfolio reviews;
- Liaise internally with risk and control groups - credit and market risk, structuring team, NA and Asia credit trading, legal, accounting product control as required for approvals and ongoing reviews;
- Co-ordinate and supervise any work that is done remotely by analyst groups in India, while being the client and market risk interface;
- Understand how risk exposures and collateral are booked, and be able to produce macro snapshots of the desk's financing exposures;
- Preparation of other ad hoc support materials/ presentations to control group and senior management;
- Work with experienced desk analysts on the team to develop credit analysis for secondary credit trading.
The business is looking for an analyst level candidate, strong preference is for a candidate with some experience in credit analysis.
The candidate must have a strong work ethic and be a self starter who is able to work independently and is also comfortable being part of a larger team. Candidate will work with the head of desk analyst team and trader for financing role, and will collaborate with the other members of desk analyst team to build up credit skills. Please note that the role will primarily be focused on the financing side of the business, while being a part of the desk analyst team and contributing to the secondary trading activity of the desk as an addition. Essential skills:
- Financial analysis, valuation and credit analysis training, including good cash flow modelling skills;
- Project management skills - financing is deal based transaction flow. Understand and manage timelines, identify and obtain information needed from clients and process it, communicate clearly to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Experience in understanding loan documentation is desirable, although not a strict pre-requisite.