Description About this role
The Global Consultant Relations (GCR) team sits within the Global Client Office. GCR is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with global, regional and local consultants across all asset classes. Primarily based in the US and UK, GCR is also represented in Germany, Switzerland, Canada, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia.
In practice, our commitment to fostering long-term relationships means we can gain a deep understanding of our clients' long-term objectives. Having a culture where we share knowledge across asset classes and regions allows us to create investment solutions that better meet client specific challenges. The third pillar underpinning our offering is our risk management culture and systems: we seek to ensure that every investment position is deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled.
A GCR RM's objectives are to influence consultant investment strategy and thinking, secure and maintain buy ratings for target products and services, seek opportunities to work collaboratively on new product opportunities and essentially, through the interaction with field consultants, ensure that they turn to BlackRock and use our strategies when looking to deliver investment solutions for their clients.
- Work in partnership with a Senior Relationship Manager to cover our local UK consultant firms and contribute as part of a team for global consultant firms
- Proactively assist in the development and execution of GCR's strategy for each assigned consultant firm, focusing on firm needs, priority products and shared client opportunities.
- Build relationships with the consultant firms and contribute to the dialogue across the breadth of Blackrock product capabilities.
- Contribute to the research agenda in alignment with the firm's key objectives and client demands.
- Monetize 'buy' ratings on scalable and targeted products.
- Ensure coordinated interaction with key influencers at consultant firms to drive revenue - principally by providing field consultants with proactive and carefully managed access to BlackRock individuals.
- Collaborate and engage with other BlackRock client teams and investment partners to execute on consultant strategy and accelerate revenue and largest opportunities across all client channels.
- Provide assigned firms with thought leadership around BlackRock's key investment themes and initiatives and advise on relevant business updates.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Blackrock's existing products and operational capabilities to successfully position products and services.
- Gather information from consultants to provide feedback to the wider firm to help the business support sales activity and product development.
- Gain a clear understanding of our Consultants and their clients' service and technical requirements, acting as their go to person for queries and working with the relevant areas of the wider business accordingly to address these.
- 5+ years' industry experience
- A results orientated self-starter who can quickly analyse consultant needs and focus on commercial delivery
- Strong knowledge of Investment markets that ideally spans all asset classes; and includes an understanding of the role these asset classes play in investors' portfolios
- Deep knowledge of Institutional market
- Ability to network and develop long-term relationships with consultants and internal business partners
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships within the firm - both within the Consultant Relations team, and with a network of internal colleagues across Blackrock
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to prioritise effectively.
- Collaborative individual who acts in the best of interest of the firm
- Proactive team player
- Technical knowledge and genuine interest or experience in the following sectors preferred: UK DB and DC Pensions market, Wealth Management, Digital Banks, Technology Solutions, Regulatory and Investment Industry and associated competitive landscape.
- Professional qualifications - Investment Management Certificate and progression towards CFA or CAIA is desirable
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.