Global Compliance & Reporting Solutions - Associate
Job Description Summary:
A Tax Assistant must demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to undertake a relevant piece of work, use and understand legislation appropriately and produce a well supported piece of technical research. Job Description: What are the role's main responsibilities of the role?
- You'll carry out regular tracking of the progress of compliance and ad-hoc work carried out by Grant Thornton International member firms for allocated portfolio of clients.
- You'll assist in the preparation of progress of work documents to be sent to clients, to agreed timescales, ready for review.
- You'll be given the responsibility to regularly attend meetings and take the lead on monthly phone calls with clients.
- You'll regularly be in contact with key management personnel at the clients, as well as forming a strong network with contacts at Grant Thornton International member firms and Grant Thornton UK
- You'll be given the opportunity to learn how to deal with liaise with clients' credit control departments when Grant Thornton International member firm invoices have not been paid.
- You'll build an understanding of professional standards, ethics and risk management protocols.
- You'll gain valuable insight into how to manage a company's compliance obligations through a task tracking tool
Who we're looking for:
- You'll have practical finance or accounting experience, ideally gained working within a professional services environment
- You'll want to become professionally qualified
- You'll have a keen interest in the accountancy profession and the numerous services Grant Thornton can offer to clients
- You'll be attracted by the responsibility of being the first point of contact for senior client personnel
- You'll be confident in your ability to communicate with clients and take ownership for the work you do for them
- You'll be motivated by being given the independence to build and form relationships with Grant Thornton international contacts
- You'll be project driven, possessing excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- You'll have working knowledge of MS Office packages (Microsoft Excel skills formulae /functions would be useful)
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications. Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.