Global Business Connectivity Product Specialist
As a tier 1 global provider Citi supports a true follow-the-sun service model between key global hubs in New York, London and Singapore, with peripheral team members and business trading desks spread across a much border set of countries.
Aligned the Equities business Citi's connectivity teams currently supports connectivity between 67+ global markets and 3,000+ clients for a broad range of sophisticated trading and market data services across Equities, Futures, Rates, Credit and Munis using a range of direct connections, order routing networks and co-location cross-connects.
Global Connectivity facilitates orders routing from multiple proprietary order management systems across Low Touch, High Touch and Program Trading channels into Citi's liquidity waterfall ( Smart Order Router, Algos and Central Risk Desks- which are treated as internal clients ) before seamless onward routing to a broad range of liquidity venues ( Exchanges, MTFs, ATS', SIs, OTFs, Dark Pools etc) or 3rd party brokers for execution. Global Connectivity also provides low latency DMA order management to clients where required. A number of additional peripheral services are provided for post-trade activities including Drop Copies (both Exchange and Client), Allocations and Reporting. In order to deliver a 'best in class' client experience the product must deliver an exceptionally high degree of operational integrity including: deterministic performance, automated check-outs, pro-active monitoring & capacity management, self-healing and real-time reconciliations between upstream and downstream event driven system.
In addition to venue connectivity for Trading and Market Data Global Connectivity is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of FIX connectivity (certification, setup, maintenance and support) across multiple asset classes. This includes both logical connectivity as well as the associated client specific customizations covering custom tags, trading limits, algo configuration and order routing referencing. Global Connectivity provides a one stop cross-asset solution to clients and builds enduring relationships with internal and external partners.
This is a new role that is being created to support Citi's significant investments in global trading platforms, which leverage cutting edge technologies. As such the successful candidate will be required to provide detailed input into business requirements, manage key relationships with 3rd party vendors and exchanges, attend client meetings as a product SME, and oversee the governance & prioritization of the global connectivity book of work in partnership with Citi's technology teams and regional and global business stakeholders.
The candidate will also be responsible for developing and implementing robust processes, procedures and controls covering both BAU / Mandatory and new product development in accordance with regulatory requirements and Citi's internal policies. Experience Required:
- Experience of leading transformational change across people, process and technology in the connectivity or a closely related space.
- A natural leadership ability and proven track record of building partnerships and consensus across complex and diverse global cross-functional organizations.
- Knowledge of key global regulatory requirements covering algorithmic trading and DMA/DEA and Sponsored Access.
- Experience managing internal policy compliance across areas such as Third Party Risk, IT Security and Cross Boarder Data.
- A high degree of commercial acumen with ability to oversee and optimize the Total Cost of Ownership of the estate.
- High level working knowledge of the FIX protocol and leading exchange native trading and market data protocols.
- Comfortable in working with multiple stakeholders that are spread out geographically and across various functions.
- Good knowledge of global market structures and the intricacies of front-front-to-back cross-asset global order routing.
- Knowledge of order management as well as middle and back office systems.
- Experience working with Exchange and Client Simulators and automated client conformance testing tools.
- Understanding of best practices in the management of client configuration tools (FIX, Algos, SOR and Risk Limits).
- Product Development exposure to client self-service portals.
- Experience working with Market Data Services teams for the purpose of exchange agreements and reporting.
- Understanding of the constituent costs of connectivity and reporting of such including physical lines, co-location facilities, market data (display & non-display), exchange session, exchange transaction, clearing, settlement, tri-party and 3rd Party EMS/OMS fees.
- Knowledge of the available global exchange tools for cancel-on-disconnect, order supervision, risk controls and kill switches.
- A high level understanding of the various network topologies employed in the industry.
- Understanding of best in class risk and position management systems.
- Established industry relationships with leading trade associations.
- Extensive existing vendor relationships across the exchange, telco, order routing hub and 3rd party OMS/EMS space.
- Experience of speaking on panels and at flagship client events.
- Understanding of end-to-end client onboarding process and onboarding workflow for Cash, D1 and Prime across KYC, Documentation, Account Opening, Reporting, Credit, Margin and Asset Servicing.
- Experience managing peripheral data services (symbology, client hierarchies, accounts, coverage models, restricted lists, positions, aggregation units, locates etc).
- Experience in Futures & Options and Fixed Income connectivity.
- Knowledge of Delta 1, Swap and Prime Finance.
- Exposure to technologies such as Microservices, Cloud Engineering, FPGA (for both trading and market data), Layer 1 Switches, Solace, Corvil, Kernel Bypass NICs.
- Experience with facing auditors and regulators around connectivity / onboarding processes and controls.
- Experience of DevOps, Agile Development and production support activities.
- A university degree preferably in computer science or engineering.
- Global Sales and Sales Trading across Citi Markets.
- Independent Business Control and Supervision (BCS).
- Global FIX Connectivity teams.
- Client Connectivity Tech and Algo Development teams.
- Middle Office
- External Clients and Tech Vendors.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .