People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
More than 200 analysts, strategists and economists combining their expertise into a cross-asset approach: analysis of the impact of major events on different asset classes, assessment of the links between asset classes, and strategic synthesis of this key information to provide an integrated view.
We benefit from a global coverage thanks to Societe Generale local networks in Eastern Europe (Moscow, Bucharest, Warsaw and Prague), the strengthening of our presence in the US, and in Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), together with our established UK and Western European base.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The successful candidate will be given a first-hand experience of Equity Research, learning financial analysis and publication writing methods. The candidate will be joining the Global Aerospace & Defence Equity Research team within MARK/GRS/EQT as a trainee analyst.
You will be involved in the day-to-day challenges an equity research team faces, supporting directly the Head of the Global Aerospace & Defence team whose coverage includes the European Aerospace & Defence companies (Airbus, BAE SYSTEMS, Cobham, Dassault Aviation, Leonardo, Meggitt, MTU, Rolls-Royce, Safran & Thales)
Summary of responsibilities
• Supporting the analysts on Financial Research & Analysis
• Maintenance of financial spreadsheets and models
• Contribution to companies' & thematic reports
• Preparation of slidepacks and other marketing material
• Using Datastream and other information data bases to extract information
• Based in London
Level of Autonomy and Authority
• High level of autonomy required
• No managerial responsibilities
• Good knowledge of financial modelling and corporate finance
• Ability to problem solve and implement process improvements
• Highly organized and proactive
• Adaptability and Flexibility
• Rigorous and curious
• Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
• Proficient in Excel / Word/PowerPoint
• Excellent attention to detail