The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the
private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an
authorized capital of USD100 billion ,
of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A -
The General Counsel's Office at the Bank provides legal advice and support to all functions within the Bank, including operational, financial, institutional, and administrative.
The primary responsibility for the General Counsel is to lead the planning, implementation and supervision of the legal function in support of AIIB's mission and strategy and provide sound and timely legal advice to ensure lean, clean and green operation at AIIB. Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serve as the legal counsel for Management, Departments and the Board of Governors and Board of Directors on legal issues relating to the organization, structure, administration, policies, and operations
- Provide support in the development of AIIB policies, procedures, and other related legal documents
- Manage the operations and activities of the legal function, including the provision of advice on sovereign and non-sovereign operations, institutional, administrative, and financial matters
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and Investment Committee
- Anticipate issues that are likely to create legal risks for AIIB, and undertake steps to mitigate these risks
- Defend AIIB in all legal actions in national and international courts, arbitration, or other legal proceedings, and in administrative tribunals
- Advise the Compliance, Effectiveness & Integrity Group of AIIB
- Minimum 20 years of relevant experience in the legal function of international financial institutions, including institutional governance; leadership and senior management role in multilateral development bank(s) required;
- superior ability in delivering consistent and reliable results;
- prudent, meticulous, aware of the business environment and supportive to operational needs.
- Master's degree of Law or equivalent from reputable university and admission to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.