You will support the Learning & Development team in transforming the way people learn. Games aren't made just for kids! Gamification is the process of adding game logic in order to achieve better outcomes. Not to be confused with a video game designer, the gamification designer combines game logic with everyday activities, events, products, and services.
As a gamification designer, you'll work with technologists, designers and business people to make the world a more playfully challenging place.
By making otherwise boring or difficult activities into one of fun and (literally) games, the gamification designer can motivate people, help them heal, inspire better customer experiences, or make better habits.
- You are smart enough to know that we used way too much jargon in the job description above, and are now wondering if you should be playing buzzword bingo.
- You love what you do. Training and learning is in your DNA, and you have spent many years successfully helping businesses (large or small) maintain an employee-centric approach to learning and personal growth.
- You know that all employees expect a flexible working environment, often work from home, and are online all the time.
- You know that employees demand access to learning from anywhere, via any device, and expect a seamless transition as they go from desktop to mobile to home laptop.
- You believe every employee should be able to freely access any course that will help him or her grow, and believe that self-improvement is a huge motivation for an employee to stay with a company.
- You have spent many hours of your free time investigating learning solutions, you've tried them all, and know the journey they are going on.
Essential Job Functions
You day-to-day role will be to support the L&D team, with particular focus on:
- Help design a process that encourages employees to seek and receive continuous development/training, and then help select a unified gamification mobile and on an Online Learning Platform that helps automate and manage the process.
- Interest in product and system design, with a particular emphasis on UI, UX and HCI,
- In this role, you'll help Octopus apply gamification principles to their various opportunities - usually websites, mobile applications, loyalty programs etc.
- You will be doing both retrofitting of gamification (applying it to existing systems) as well as designing new ones from scratch.
- Typically, you will need to have gamification experience and credentials (e.g. reward systems, virtual economies, challenge design), and a strong ability to work with clients, think creatively and manage deadlines
- Help with the selection, configuration and adoption of the Online Learning Platform (e-learning) - Not essential but would be a bonus.
- Define and maintain a set of best practices around user experience and interactions in learning content.
- Share knowledge within the business to ensure the company is at the leading edge within the industry.
- Collaborate, build and maintain strong working relationships with the L&D teams to align learning solutions where both knowledge and skill is required.
- Support the L&D team conduct user research (formal & informal), usability testing and other feedback mechanisms as appropriate.
- Support the training of newly appointed suppliers and employees.
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of the instructional approaches, tools, systems, and processes required for designing and developing effective gamified learning interventions
- Knowledge of the best practices related to the development of gamified learning interventions
- Previous game design experience
- Knowledge of successful gamified learning implementations around the world
- Knowledge of today's trends, research initiatives and experiments happening in the field of gamified learning
- Knowledge of the strategies for adopting gamification in learning
- Knowledge of the future direction (forecasts) of gamified learning
- Job Requirement skills:
- Ideally you will hold a certification in gamification where you would have learned about player behaviour and human motivation, the next best thing is proven ability to design gamification from hands on experience.
- We are also looking for you to design challenges and rewards that make sense in the real world. Some training design in psychology and data science would be beneficial also.Joining Octopus means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
Random acts of kindness make the workplace a better place so, go out of your way to be helpful, and give people reasons to smile
Life is complicated enough. Don't make it harder for yourself, or for others. Sometimes the simplest approach works wonders.
Every great business started with a flash of inspiration. If you've got a great idea, don't keep it to yourself.
At Octopus, we recognise the importance of embracing diversity in order to create a high-performance culture.